HPI TF20E Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catbusstop

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've bought an HPI TF20E 2.4GHz TX and RX from ebay perhaps somewhat hastily with the idea of fitting it in my HPI Trophy 3.5 (replacing the old 27Mhz stuff).

So far I'm not having a lot of luck. I can't seem to get the LED on the RX to turn on at all and don't appear to be able to bind the TX to it. I've got the flashing light on the TX to show its trying to bind with the RX but nothing... Worse still, it appears to have burnt out my steering servo (a lot of smoke came out of it). I'm not too worried about having to replace the servo, but it did make me wonder if the power requirements for the 2.4GHz stuff are different from my old FM stuff.

Does anyone know if i should be able to use the TF20E with the Trophy 3.5? If so, any info that might help me figure out what the problem with it is would be great!

According to HPI's site it is an optional radio for just about every RC they make, so it should work. Try downloading a manual for one of HPI's models that use that radio (I think the Savage Flux does) so you will have the radio's instructions for binding/setup/etc. and go from there...

HTH...

I think the problem was my servo's were either shorting or are completely screwed. Either way, removing them appears to let me bind the radio so that all looks good. On the downside, I now need to buy 2 new servos :)