HPI Savage X 4.6 Special Edition - Newbie!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSIVXR

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all! new to thesse fourms

I've just bought the HPI Savage X 4.6 Special Edition! No. EU 688/1000

love it!

i have a old nitro buggy also that i havent used in a while and wanted somthing new to play with, so bought the savage!

here are some pics!

photo3_zps98d02e96.jpg

IMG_1310_zpsd089682d.jpg

IMG_1312_zps57984361.jpg

IMG_1314_zps98ef5a2d.jpg

IMG_1319_zps173ab116.jpg

IMG_1322_zpsd0251aea.jpg

IMG_1323_zpsb11c68c1.jpg

Great bit of kit! comes with everything! bar fuel. Even has spare parts, air filter, glow plug, batteries , tuned parts and options etc etc

got the car in the week and wanted to do the break-in procedure at the weekend,

charged all the batteries and ran 2 tanks idle and 1 tank half throttle in a circle but then i think i flooded the engine on starting and couldnt get it to start again, also it is snowing heavy where i am at the mo and the cold i think is affecting it to start! not sure, so I've had to abandon it for now! wish this snow would stop!

do you think i should break in another 2 tanks to be safe? then tune it or ?

thanks! :D

Very nice! I would have a hard time running it with that special edition lid on it. I think I would buy another one just so I would risk scratching that one up.

As to your question I would wait for some warmer weather to continue your break in or if you just can't wait then wrap the cooling head with an old sock or something like that to help it get up to temps.

Breaking in an engine in the winter is really not ideal and you would be best to wait for warmer temps.

Wow very nice!!!! It looks sweet!!! Hope you enjoy it and I'm sure you will.

proper breakin of a nitro requires to keep temps at 200-210 for the duration of the breakin process. too cold and the piston/sleeve prematurely wear out, too hot you risk burning up the motor

Yeah I have heard its not good to break in durning winter.

Very nice! I would have a hard time running it with that special edition lid on it. I think I would buy another one just so I would risk scratching that one up.

As to your question I would wait for some warmer weather to continue your break in or if you just can't wait then wrap the cooling head with an old sock or something like that to help it get up to temps.

Breaking in an engine in the winter is really not ideal and you would be best to wait for warmer temps.

eh, the lid isnt numbered, but the chassis is. id worry more about saving the the chassis than the lid

yeah but that lid just looks cool as hell and I dont think you can buy another one like it.

Thanks guys!

ha! yea i dont want to scratch it either!

yea i think i might wait till this snow and cold weather buggers off!

Wow very nice!!!! It looks sweet!!! Hope you enjoy it and I'm sure you will.

Thanks! yea i can't wait to hit up some dirt!

proper breakin of a nitro requires to keep temps at 200-210 for the duration of the breakin process. too cold and the piston/sleeve prematurely wear out, too hot you risk burning up the motor

thanks for the info will wait to warmer temps!

Yeah I have heard its not good to break in durning winter.

eh, the lid isnt numbered, but the chassis is. id worry more about saving the the chassis than the lid

yea just the chassis! hopefully i wont break that! :hehe:

My antenna is only about 6Inch long from the bottom of the antenna sleeve, in the manual diagram it shows the antenna coming out of the top of the sleeve if you know what i mean?

is it correct to only be about 6in long or is it supposed to be as long as the sleeve?

My antenna is only about 6Inch long from the bottom of the antenna sleeve, in the manual diagram it shows the antenna coming out of the top of the sleeve if you know what i mean?

is it correct to only be about 6in long or is it supposed to be as long as the sleeve?

You have a 2.4ghz system so the antenna doesn't need to be out the top like it would on an older am system. I dont even run an antenna tube on my 2.4 setups I just coil the antenna up in the receiver box and it works just fine.

You have a 2.4ghz system so the antenna doesn't need to be out the top like it would on an older am system. I dont even run an antenna tube on my 2.4 setups I just coil the antenna up in the receiver box and it works just fine.

ok, thanks!

Nice looking rig there. I agree I wouldnt run with that lid either it would be stuck on the shelf and used as a display lid :hehe:

Back