Sold / Found HPI savage rear driveshaft

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bifft it

RCTalk Addict
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
looking for a Rear driveshaft for a HPI savageX

since there seems to be NO new savages made recently and all the ebay chopshops seem out of savage parts
there seems to be none for sale that i could find.

since there seems to be NO new savages made recently and all the ebay chopshops seem out of savage parts
there seems to be none for sale that i could find.

Yea ,I don't know what happened to all the chop shops on Ebay ,they fizzled out these past 5 years!....:doh:

YAY

Thanks Olds97
I been searching and searching on ebay for that rear one(first link). there are quite a few front ones available, but that longer, rear one is RARE. I had enough of them to cover the frames i have on-hand but i think i shipped them out last week in a mixed meat parts lot, unknowingly, so i am pretty bummed to have to buy new parts just to resell.I am trying to take a 20K habit down to 2-3K lol

I was just going to buy these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162171710792?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

put them on one of my "keeper" savages and use that shaft

As far as ebay search. tried every part# and name i could think up and no results that matched.
Maybe my ebaysearch is broken!

Do all new SavageX's come with the heavy duty flux drivetrain now?
All 3 of my savage trucks have long been converted to either flux or Xl drivetrains.

My ass too poor to be able to afford a new in the box RC

Last edited:
Those almost look like Mips shafts ,so you might see if Mip makes what you need!
Sometimes you might find them on auction!...:cool:

Those MIP style shafts you listed require a different end for the cup on the diff, fyi. That bone is only half the part.

I don't know what new savage's come with. I bought mine used and it had the 8 shock setup and small outer axles/cups with machined steel small tooth diff gears.

I've upgraded mine quite a bit.
Sintered BP diffs
Super HD outer bones/diff cups/wheel axle cups
LRP30
LST HT Pipe with HPI's curved header (vs the one with a nasty kink right off the engine.
4 plastic big bores with hellfire white springs and I think 50 weight oil
T-bonz rear skid w/ wheelie bar
OFNA slider linkage mod
Hitech 985MG t/b servo, some high torque digital JR steering servo
Dual pink fiber brakes
RPM center skid
OFNA 125cc tank to do away with the HTL issue

I ran an old HPI/HB rear center CVD in it for years, but after putting in the 30, I kept snapping the pin in it, so went with a dogbone instead.

Issue is taken care of.
took the rear center shaft out of the savageX i am keeping and put it in the roller(for picture purposes) that i am selling for the time being till the new rear center shaft arrives (friday)

Thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.