Hpi savage k4.6-conversion 4 stroke

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmzm

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys, i want to convert my nitro savage F4.6 to a 4-stroke, any idea what kind of engine I can use for this conversion.
I appreciate your help thanks.

Dont think there is going to be any kind of 4 stroke that will work on a land based MT. Most 4 strokes are designed to be used in airplanes and really dont adapt well to a land based rig due to lower RPMs and airflow issues for cooling.

I seen some videos of a savage with a 4 stroke engine but i don't know which engine is it.
And i think they come with a cooling fan.

The only 4 stroke I have seen for a car was an OS FS-26-CX II and I do no think they make it anymore. You "could" cram something esle in there but you would have a hard time with gearing and cooling.

I've had 4 strokes on airplanes, but the purpose is to spin a bigger prop with more power.
It's just not worth it for anything on wheels.

I seen some videos of a savage with a 4 stroke engine but i don't know which engine is it.
And i think they come with a cooling fan.

yes i have that twin 4 stroke savage vid.. that thing is killer powerful! sound wicked to! I'll see if i can find what engine he's using and get back to you..:)

Last edited:
it has twin O.S FX-40CX ENGINES...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioGFZEAa90A&feature=share&list=PL548BB09BFC9C3D4B"]4stroke twin HPI savage - YouTube[/ame]