HPI Savage 25 engine upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j321

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

What would be best overall Engine and Pipe upgrade for a HPI Savage 25?

Possibly $200-250 or under for engine alone.

Used on-road and bashing.

I have considered LRP

-Nitro Engine ZR.32X Spec.4 Competition or Nitro Engine ZR.32 Spec.4 Pullstart?
-Nitro Engine ZR.30 Spec.4
I was also looking at OS and Novarossi, O.S. .28XZ, Nova 28-7T
.... they are more expensive however and I’m not sure if they fit in a Savage.

Could you recommend best overall tuned pipe under $100 or so (HPI, LRP, NOVA….)

(Also, has anyone used a TNS Modified engine even though they are more expensive?)

Thanks

Hi,

I have considered LRP

(Also, has anyone used a TNS Modified engine even though they are more expensive?)

Thanks

You don't need the higher end racing engines for bashing ,any 25 to 36 engine will fit!
Preferably a decent brand 28 is good!...:cool:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-BLOCK-1...046849?hash=item56a2a71701:g:2SAAAOSwCU1YxJ5q

Last edited:
Hi lrp are great engines , I've had a few myself. I'm currently running a losi 454 in my LST xxl . if you go on to novarossi direct USA you can buy a nova legend 28-8 for $179.00 USD this is an awesome powerful engine for almost same price as the lrp they also have the novarossi 28-7 for $190.00 not r a direct fit for a savage

All so good luck finding parts .they don't make a Savage eny more all parts on back order .

I have two savages now and it seams like the shaft that gos through the motor is broke or some thing .I have tested other motors buy turning the back of the motor and it turns them over .I try to turn turn savage motor and and it just turns but not on front of motor .like it free spinns .helllp

Last edited:
All so good luck finding parts .they don't make a Savage eny more all parts on back order .

I have two savages now and it seams like the shaft that gos through the motor is broke or some thing .I have tested other motors buy turning the back of the motor and it turns them over .I try to turn turn savage motor and and it just turns but not on front of motor .like it free spinns .helllp

Please create your own thread seeking help but odds are you have a one way bearing issue.

Hi,

I have considered LRP

Thanks

HI mate,
I have just got myself a couple of savages from Gumtree and Facebook and I'm having a blast with them! I got a savage 21 but have picked up a savage X roller. The 21 only has a .21 in it with a 2 speed but going to put the 3 speed out of the X in and I have been looking at the Force .32 squeeze in from what I have gathered online these engines are pretty tough for the price here in OZ the .32 can be picked up for $135 AUD!! Cheap as chips. I have a .18 Force motor I put in my 1/10 caster racing SO1N (not sure why they splent it that way) when I blew up the .15 that was stock and the .18 is a little beast in the 1/10. But value for money I'll be putting a .32 in my savage very soon.

Mate I have only owned a Savage for about 3 months and haven't had a problem getting and parts yet... Local hobby store still stocks all upper and lower arms not to mention the spare on Facebook lol