hpi rs4 3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedticket75

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm thinking about getting an onroad 1/8 scale nitro.........was wandering if the hpi rs4-3 was any good......does it have a 2speed transy, 2 or 4 wheel drive or any information will help.........hpi website had the rs4-2 on there but didnt say or show nothin bout the rs4-3.......

First off it is not 1/8 it is 1/10. It is also an old model at this point. I still have mine, but it is well over 5 years old now. The newer 3 evo does come with a two speed I believe. And yes, they are 4wd.

wasn't sure....seen one on ebay but it says 1/8 scale......60$.......what is the top speed & is it belt or shaft drive ? i dont wana spend over 150 on one caust i like my savage......i just want the rs4 to play around with

Last edited:
speedticket75 said:
wasn't sure....seen one on ebay but it says 1/8 scale......60$.......what is the top speed & is it belt or shaft drive ? i dont wana spend over 150 on one caust i like my savage......i just want the rs4 to play around with

It's shaft drive, which imo is best for parking lot bashing. Tiny rocks will strip your belts quick. You can find them on ebay around $150. And it is definately 1/10 scale.

hello
i have a hpi rs4 3 evo they do have a 2 speed box and it is 4wheel drive , found out when its fully tuned it reaches 45 mph in just under 4 secounds

fast :) plus when your friend has one it turns great fun at the speed they do