Hpi rs4 2 ebay find

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasrcparts

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Just bought this rs4 2 for the robinson racing aluminum pulleys. I've been wanting these pulleys for a long time to use on a duratrax street force lol

The rest of the car i dont even want so will probably part it out. Guy says it was built and never used

Screenshot_20230607-150142_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230607-150222_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230607-150255_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230607-150303_Gallery.jpg

it looks really cool! great buy, if only for the pulleys.👍

Can I ask you what you paid for it? just curious....;)

Can you believe that I can't find a vintage Nitro OFNA CD3 PRO Kit New like mine on the net to give me an idea of the valuation and prices??? is it so really rare and unobtainable as said by some people? I have been jumping into collecting nitro rc for a few years now and valuing these models is not easy at all. maybe an auction on ebay will definitely bring the final price, but even though I will not be selling the CD3 like some of my other Nitros, I would like to inquire about the value of these cars. Sorry if I went off topic.

Last edited:

Can you believe that I can't find a vintage Nitro OFNA CD3 PRO Kit New like mine on the net to give me an idea of the valuation and prices??? is it so really rare and unobtainable as said by some people? I have been jumping into collecting nitro rc for a few years now and valuing these models is not easy at all. maybe an auction on ebay will definitely bring the final price, but even though I will not be selling the CD3 like some of my other Nitros, I would like to inquire about the value of these cars. Sorry if I went off topic.

I find that searching completed listings on eBay is a much better way to price-check something than going by the asking price on un-sold listings.

Here's a complete, never-run CD3 that sold for ~$450, just a month ago. On the other hand, this kit only bid up to $150.

To the right of the search bar is a small grey link, "advanced", you don't have to apply any filter other than "completed listings" and your search terms.

I find that searching completed listings on eBay is a much better way to price-check something than going by the asking price on un-sold listings.

Here's a complete, never-run CD3 that sold for ~$450, just a month ago. On the other hand, this kit only bid up to $150.

To the right of the search bar is a small grey link, "advanced", you don't have to apply any filter other than "completed listings" and your search terms.
Thank you so much for the info...I had already seen these listings...that CD3 PRO kit is where I purchased mine. I don't want to lengthen the discussion here since it has nothing to do with (dasrcparts) ;) :thumbs-up:

I'm embarrassed to say i paid 520 shipped for this rs4 2. I really want those pulleys lol.

I can definitely believe that you wont find many more hong nor cd3 kits brand new in the box. As you know I'm looking for the rtr version brand new in the box so it could be a long time before one comes for sale. Not like these rs4's, the hpi stuff is way more common and they always come up for sale

I'm embarrassed to say i paid 520 shipped for this rs4 2. I really want those pulleys lol.

I can definitely believe that you wont find many more hong nor cd3 kits brand new in the box. As you know I'm looking for the rtr version brand new in the box so it could be a long time before one comes for sale. Not like these rs4's, the hpi stuff is way more common and they always come up for sale
I paid 130 for a new chassis with diff and bulks. I paid 60 for titanium hinge pins. I guess we all hit here. Atleast you have something to show. I've spent my fair share at the bar with nothing to show afterwards.

I'm sure if I find a car with a part I really want, I would do it in a heart beat.

It's really a lot of money! but I understand you very well-I did the same thing many years ago.
for the time being i think i will stop with nitro rc purchases. when i have time i will start the CD3 kit and then i would have a second LD3 Pro new box to finish.

This is the only one I found in RTR version seems to be in good condition, but unfortunately used.

https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/hobby-...ografisch-auto-s/m1983573250-hongnor-ofna-cd3

Last edited:
It's really a lot of money! but I understand you very well-I did the same thing many years ago.
for the time being i think i will stop with nitro rc purchases. when i have time i will start the CD3 kit and then i would have a second LD3 Pro new box to finish.

This is the only one I found in RTR version seems to be in good condition, but unfortunately used.

https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/hobby-...ografisch-auto-s/m1983573250-hongnor-ofna-cd3
I've got to quit buying nitro rc too. I'm running out of money lol

Wow I could’ve made a set of brand new pulleys for you for $125!
1A5A8B4C-2457-499B-AEC8-CFFC0F6EEB39.jpeg

I may be interested in buying some parts if you do part it out

Just the 4 pulleys from both shafts, but I’ve seen Robinson diffs popping for sale a lot lately
Oh yea 4 total small pulleys, thats a good deal.

As for the diff pulleys. Iv seen them occasionally pop up but they are singles with uncommon tooth counts, i havnt seen a matching pair yet

A few pics of the model. The original box is in excellent condition as well. The model is new/never used, with a hpi .12r engine. Has of course all of the robinson racing pulleys including the flywheel. Someone back in 2002 spent alot of money building this model.

20230613_231305.jpg

20230613_231316.jpg

20230613_233117.jpg

20230613_233137.jpg

Really great these nitro RCs. 😍 :thumbs-up: