HPI nitro truggy differential fluid change questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

76Vandura4x4

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So I’m finally in the home stretch of my nitro HPI 4wd truggy rebuild, the last thing I need to do is change the diff oil. I have never done a fluid exchange nor have a I owned an awd truck before this one. Where do I start with this particular model and what do I need to remove on the diffs to get the oil in there. I already have read up on the best weights to use and I have 3k, 5k and 6k, I just ordered an new bearing kit from Fast Eddy’s as well. Picture of my rig for reference.

Attachments

• D83B571F-5A07-4CF5-AE8B-E353E1438141.png
    D83B571F-5A07-4CF5-AE8B-E353E1438141.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
Ah, good ol hpi
My favorite as my profile suggests
I have not seen a set up like yours before but it looks really nice and you put a lot of time into it
Awd especially being nitro it would be best to start on either the front or rear diffs as they're a little bit simpler to get to then the center one, the center in my experience is tricky to get to but my center in my hpi was a touring nitro and a lot more compact then what your set up looks like
Curious though and I might be able to provide more help based on it but is it a aftermarket chassis and also are you running stock or aftermarket diffs?
This would be helpful info and I might be able to provide more help depending on what your answer is
Otherwise looking good and I'm glad to see someone else restoring hpi's to their former glory

Back