Hpi nitro star

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B2P

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi,

Could anyone tell me whats the probl;em if my engine dosnt keep running. every time i pull the glow plug out, he quits running, everything runs perfectly though its just that the engine doesn't keep running, could anybody help me? Thanks,

Kind regards,

Bram Pietersen

You might just need to replace the glo-plug,to a different heat rated one!
not sure to which one,someone else may know.

Yeah but i checked the glow plug and it works just fine sow i dont know what it could be, it ran good just the other day bur then just one time it cuts of the engine when i pull it out

Yeah but i checked the glow plug and it works just fine sow i dont know what it could be, it ran good just the other day bur then just one time it cuts of the engine when i pull it out
Sounds like your idle needs raising.

Could be running a bit rich. What if you leave the GP on and rev the engine a bit for 10+ seconds (1/4 throttle just to rev it up a bit with the wheels off the ground)?

I know when my big blocks are cold, they need the heater on there for 10-20 seconds until the engine warms a bit and clears it's throat, then it's usually ok after that.

Allright thanks man ill try that its just that it ran good before but just he cuts the engine of, thanks,

every time i pull the glow plug out, he quits running,
It's the glow igniter you're taking out, NOT the glow plug.
If it still quits after a good warm up after removing the igniter, your LSN is set too rich. That will also give you a sluggish takeoff.

Allright yess its the igniter I'm taking out, not the glow plug could you telle me what the lsn is? I'm from holland so i dont know all the terms yet, and it still is cuttinh of the engien after a warm up, thanks,

What vehicle/engine do you have? HPI had an older engine that had a single needle that was kind of awful to live with...

What vehicle/engine do you have? HPI had an older engine that had a single needle that was kind of awful to live with...
I own a older model of tamiya, tg10 mk2 but i put a hpi t3.0 on it, its from the nitro rs4 it does have one needle though

LSN is the Low Speed Needle. It controls the fuel/air ratio at idle and takeoff.
As you lean that needle you'll probably have to lower the idle accordingly.
Read through the information in the link below. It should help you a lot.
Keep us posted on your progress.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/nitro-tuning-tips-and-tuning-flow-chart.60832/
Thanks, i will i did try again but no succes still same problem ill try again tomorrow

Aha allright now i understand i didnt know there was another needle i just need to figure out what it does though

I can't reach the seccond needle though because of my old tamiya exhaust but i didnt have any problems with it before, just the last few days it just quits running when theres no ignotion, ill try again soon,

I can't reach the seccond needle though because of my old tamiya exhaust but i didnt have any problems with it before, just the last few days it just quits running when theres no ignotion, ill try again soon,

If the engine hasn't been tuned after break-in,then it is set on a rich setting,therefore,its loading up
with a lot of fuel causing a flood out.
But also could have a dirty or air leak in the fuel system making it not getting enough fuel.

While its running an there is eccesive smoke & raw fuel coming out of muffler,then its way too rich!
Hope this helps some!

HI guys I found the problem, It was just the glowplug, got a new one as wel ass the starter they were both old, The only problem now is i have a very light throttle so itys like it doesn't get the fuel it needs sometimes it doesn't get any fuel at all but atleast the problem is fixed,

HI guys I found the problem, It was just the glowplug, got a new one as wel ass the starter they were both old, The only problem now is i have a very light throttle so itys like it doesn't get the fuel it needs sometimes it doesn't get any fuel at all but atleast the problem is fixed,
Good to know. :)

Back