HPI nitro RS4 MT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stadiumtruck guy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Friend said he got it about 7 years ago.And it has bin sitting for 3 in a box. He only wants 35 for it,but he was nice enough two give me a week or to to see if i could get it to run.Got it home Cleaned the air filter got the old fuel outta the fuel line and tank.Changed the glow plug Primed it cranked right up after three pullls!

Down side. Needs a new front drive shaft,Stearing servo,Differential Final Gear Set.After all that it cost me 50 bucks. I now find that one of the screw's that holds on the exhaust mani to the crankcase is missing. other then that the engine seams healthy to me. so i just have to get a new exhaust mani/drive shaft.Then should be back to the way it should be!

Whats a good after market engine for this? for when the time comes. O.S.18?

I would have grabbed that thing with both hands and ran before he changed his mind for that price. Those are all minor parts really. but even so man what a steal! Have fun with it! Also yes, the OS .18 would really smoke in that thing

I would have grabbed that thing with both hands and ran before he changed his mind for that price. Those are all minor parts really. but even so man what a steal! Have fun with it! Also yes, the OS .18 would really smoke in that thing

The little .15 isnt that bad either. really can't wait till the front drive shaft comes in.

I have the MT2 SS and it screams.....crazy fast. Not quite like my Jato...but close. I am putting an OS .18TM in it right now....should be even more ballistic. I wanted more low end not so much speed. I agreed to trade the .18 engine to a buddy of mine here on RCNT then as am pulling it off I found out BOTH my clutch springs were jacked up AFTER I decided to trade it. So the thing had no spool up before the clutches engaged. Thus no low end power. So I bet if I put them back in correctly that thing was actually an animal. Well it always had way too much top end actually I just wanted a bit more low end grunt.... Oh well, it is going to a damn good home anyway....off to "Project Cheap-O Maxx"!

Last edited:
Its a tad dirty. But what is the needle you tune to keep the car from takeing off on you when you start it. low or idle,I'm still new to nitro but either way i think they both need to be tuned a little bit.

http://img25.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img1334ula.jpg

I also have a XTM nitro X-cellorater .18 that little bugger is fast.And it sounds like my hpi when the muffler fell off. Also have a Traxxas VXL rustler.

Last edited:
Back