HPI Nitro RS4 3 EVO

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barones

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys,

i just got a brand new HPI Nitro RS4 # Evo with roto start. for some reason I can't get the engine to start...I inject fuel glow start is charged batteries r new..the roto start battery is charged ....but it wont start!!!! and now when i stick the roto start and press on...the engine is locking won't even turn.

can someone help me.?

If it's locked you have flooded it. Pull the glowplug, turn the rig upside down, and shake out the fuel. Now spin the motor over a few times then reinstall the glow plug.

When you go to fire up the engine again plug the exhaust stinger and turn over the engine for three-four seconds. Take your finger off the stinger and wait a few seconds. Then spin it again. If your glow plug isn't toast it will fire.

Last edited:
Yeah your engines flooded, do what RC Addict said. But the RS4's fuel tank has a primer so when your priming the fuel in dont over do it, just do it like one push more after it reaches the carb. If your just breaking in the engine, its a pain at first but pretty painless with roto start. I reccomend watching youtube vids on flooded engines, etc. Goodluck!

Once you clean out the excess fuel, try and start it WITHOUT priming it again. You can flood it again very easily immediately after emptying it again and you don't want to be in the same situation again. If it doesn't start then prime it a little bit.

But the RS4's fuel tank has a primer so when your priming the fuel in dont over do it, just do it like one push more after it reaches the carb.

Best to not use the priming button at all. That is the primary source of an air leak on any tank with such a button.

^^ yep I would put the racing tank in ASAP.

Thanks everyone!!!!! it works now!!! yay!!! :D

Back