hpi nitro mt1 rear axle issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrosevers

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
any one know where a guy can get some extended rear axles for my mt? will mt2 axles work? my nuts that holds on my rear wheels keep coming off when i run it hard, is it because i squeezed a g3.0 into it and it has to much power?

Not sure how putting extended axles would help, unless the wheel nut isn't threading on very far. Have the nuts been on and off many times, if so, the nylon lock part is probably worn. If that's the case the best thing to do is replace them, you could also try locktite.

the nuts aren't getting on enough to let the nylon grab the treads, i can try locktight though. thanks

WOW.. You managed to squeese a G3.0 nitrostar in your MT HPI use's that engine in there new Bullet MT.. No wonder your having rear issues.

It actually wasn't all that hard to get it to fit, and it made it stupid fast. I did try locktite and the rear wheels are staying on now. But i blew apart a front shock yesterday doing speed runs in the sandpit by my house. But today the truck should be going to a new owner so I can buy a mugen buggy, thanks for the help guys!

Back