hpi nitro mt info

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC10lover627

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi can anybody give me info on a hpi nitro mt cuz I'm tradin for one with my rc10gt.. shoul i keep the rc10gt or get the mt??? can u show me were to get info or were i can watch videos??? or tell me bout ur experiences with them!! i heard the front a arms break a lot and my friends got one and it seems to break a lot or maybe its just the way he uses it but idk so please give info

thanks

Keep rc 10 gt!!!
I had a mt and it sucked so bad i gave up on rc for a year. Its slow(30), hard to work on, front arms break easy along with some of the pins that hold the exhaust.
The only nice thing about it is that it has 4x4.
Trust me, for all that is good, dont get it, it was the worst investment i ever made, i think i turned around and sold it pretty brand new for like 150 when retail it is about 350.

Savage:
xtm 247 pro
Revo
X-Cellerator

yeah i heard they werent that great... i dont think ill trade unless its like a good monster truck such as the ones u listed

Ya, good choice, trust me, u woulda lost big time on that deal.
The rc 10gt is a pretty fast racer, not much of a basher, but a better everything than a mt2

Personally I'd rather have the MT, because I'm a basher. Its 4WD whichs makes for better bashing. The front A-Arns did break but that was the only part that did. Get Al ones or keep a few on hand and you are good to go. Just my opinion...

Ya, i would agree with you on that one ac48, i did love the 4wd, but the motor was soooo slow, i use to race gopeds and i couldnt beat them(embarassing).
If it was the mt2, the new version, then that would be an awsome deal.

Yea the MT2 would be an awesome deal. He could drop in a O.S. .18 CV-RX and the thing would haul ass! lol

well thats were I'm confused... i want it for bashing and the 4wd but i dont want something that breaks alot and if i did upgrade to aluminum then i would want to buy it cheap cuz i dont have that much money... do u guys know were i can get videos and specs????

If you get the MT and a set of front al a-arms you should be set. My buddy never broke a single shock tower the whole time he had it (a year). Specs are on HPI's website under discontinued kits.

thank you.. yeah i just found out that they were discontinued

The front arms wouldn't be such a problem if it had some sort of skidplate built into it.

I sold mine as a roller for $90 a few weeks ago... can't remember who bought it now. They talked to me via email instead of on the thread and via PM.

I put an OS 18 in it and it screamed. I never fully broke the engine in though. I made a skidplate, bought a better header/pipe combo, new tires/rims (losi/RPM) then I never ran it. Just sold it. So I have no idea how the skidplate worked out or how well the 18 ran with the new pipe/header. I still have the engine/pipe/header in a baggy just in case I get a bug up my butt to run a 1/10 scale anything again though.

I busted a few front arms which is why I made a skid plate. I made it out of 3/16" steel.

I know NewEra and Powerline sell aluminum parts for it though.

thank you for the info olds i think ill put aluminum a arms and a skid plate then ill be set ; )... maybe if they made a bigger bumper like a savadges or somen like that

The MT2 has it. I pondered the idea of taking the MT2 front end and trying to bolt it on... I never got around to wasting the $ to try.

well rnt they both the same truck just diffrent engines???

anybody else with info cuz i got a ton of offers for them and i dont know how good they are???

The Nmt2 front bumper will bolt right under the stock Nmt gearcase,you can't use the nmt2 gear box and stuff since the drive cups are bigger.I have the Nmt and the Nmt2 the only thing that broke on both were the front A-arms but that was because the Nmt2 T-boneed the Nmt.When the a-arms broke they were different side so all i did was interchange parts and i was up and running again.The only thing i know that wont fit is the radio tray.I love them the are both fast,The Nmt2 has the stock engine in it and the Nmt has a dynamite .12 racing engine and the Nmt will smoke the Nmt in a race.When i take my Nmt up to the mountains i through the stock .15fe in cause i can tune it to 1 turn out with still a trail of smoke coming out,and i had it clocked at 47mph by neighbor in the mountain(which is a cop).If i was you i would got with the Nmt.

thanks for the info guys

:buggy1: the info on the hpi nitro mt is a hpiracing.com they might have videos too. :shrug:

:radio: they are both great nitro truggys/buggys depending on the body you get, but whatever you decide........have fun!!! :marshall:
:sheep: mark :sheep:

they are both great nitro powered vehicles*