HPI Monster King spur gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerekPike

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a friend who has the HPI monster king (Nitro version of the wheelie king). He keeps shredding the plastic spur gear that came with it (HPI 85625). He's looking for a metal one so he doesn't have to replace this thing every few runs. Any suggestions? I see the HPI firestorm also uses a 53t spur gear, but not sure if they're interchangeable or if they even make a metal one for the firestorm.

If not he might need to see if it can be geared differently? I've not looked in to it but I guess if you match the teeth on both and they're the right size then it should still work? I.e. 53/20 becomes 55/18 etc.

I'm sure someone will put me straight if not..

A 53T spur or a 55T spur is no problem. 2 teeth difference negligible.

Thanks @BurningRain and @Caretaker109. I was going to ask about the gearing difference as I'm not smart enough to know if that would make a gearing difference. I'm sure they have it geared a certain way as it's the nitro version of the wheelie king. It even has plastic front tires to reduce the weight. Good to know. Thanks for the input.

Back