HPI Micro RS4 build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Throttle

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I finally received my kit yesterday and I told my wife I was going to resell it but I'm using it for my winter basement basher. It was my first kit and I thought it had a few areas where it was unclear. The parts bags were labeled but the build made me scramble to other bags and then back to old bags. Also the directions were pretty crappy sometimes. It took me about 3 1/2 hours and now I have to wait until I pick up my electronics to finish. I want to test it out and then on Christmas Eve when everyone is in bed, I'm going to open it up and bash. I'm trying to make this my Xmas gift to myself.
Anyways, here's some pics.

Scott

Last edited:
Sounds really fun, I think santa is going to bring you a RS4, LOL. Hope you start enjoyiing it more than it sounds like you are now, great winter project and hope you get it running soon. Bash the hell out of it.

lookin good! what type of electronics you gettin for it?

to:scott

I have to say that I did enjoy building it but if I were new and this was my first build, I might have been frustrated. As for the electronics, I wanted to stay cheap but be able to get a receiver and ESC,so I have on order at the LHS the Futaba 2PH 2-Channel AM tranmitter/reciever/1 S3003/1 MC230CR . It's only $70.00. The speed control is a micro and rated the same as the novak spy. It's alot cheaper than buying the ESC and an FM reciever to match my existing transmitter. I'm also getting credit for the S3003 from the LHS because I have an extra servo to use. I'm buying an Ntc3 this spring and I'd like to get a kit. We will have to see that kind of funds I will have after I finish my track and my plane upgrade.

Scott