HPI-Killers "In Loving Memory" 1.9 Spec Wraith*UPDATED*

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any info on building either a EXO IFS Wraith or a scaled down Wraith to SCX10 specs w/ axles & 1.9s?

Really interested in reading up and maybe converting.

Well I'm going to do it, I am going to convert this badboy to a scx10 spec 1.9 scaler. Traded my AR60 axles with the owner of Madskonz RC for scx10 axles and proper length bent alloy links. I may be the first RCNT member to do this :-O!

can't wait!!

Yeah I was tossed on it for a LONG time also but when he said he would trade straight across I couldnt refuse!
I also referred the owner of Madskinz RC to join RCNT and promote his products. They are very popular on RCC and have only ever heard good things on their products.

This will be interesting! I have been thinking Wroncho or sell the Wraith, this could be another option.

Alright guys I started on the 1.9 scx spec conversion tonight and am half way done! Got the rear bolted up and the suspension switched over to a firm EEM droop spring and a basic tire setup until Pitbull releases their new 1.9 Growler tire in April sometime, got to keep absolute BEST tire company IMHO tearing the trails up on my scalers!!

Had to use 1 of the shortest rod ends included with the kit and 1 of the next size up for the lower links and got the perfect WB without spending $$ on new links.

Now the front is going to be very tricky, I ran the RC4WD CMS Conversion Kit on the Wraith when it was 2.2 with the AR60s and hooking it up will not be easy... I am thinking I will have to eliminate the panhard bar and just run the 4link and hopefully have it bolt up so the CMS will function properly.. Anywho here are some potato phone pics.

The axles I recieved run UD/OD gears in them and the front axle has upgraded alloy chubs and knucks along with the HD universal axle shafts so thats pretty nice to start off with on this conversion build.
Enjoy!!
vy3uhujy.jpg
ga7umuju.jpg
tu7yzy7y.jpg

Total dead in the water with the front axle install..... Installed the shortest rod ends I have with my Axial leftovers and its still about an inch too far forward so now I am at the drawing board with nothing except stick figures holding machine guns on it....

Any ideas to shortening my existing links without re-tapping the holes? Unless someone here can shorten them and re-tap the holes I would gladly pay and ship them to be modified.....

So instead I just replaced all of the stock plastic rod end swivel ball thingies with AE polished steel ones for a little bit of flare. Another thing I decided to do was take my roof off and run it with exposed cage. And last I fabbed up some alloy links and installed them in the bed for a better looking rear and am going to fab another flatbed to fit around the links probably in the next few days or so.

You liiiikey?
egytebun.jpg
u9e8yme6.jpg

Well after an hour talking to Nitrobuzzard while he tutored my bad math skills, helped me in figuring out how much I needed to cut off of the upper and lower links to get the desired 11.5" WB I want to achieve. I am currently finishing up my measurments then I will covert, calculate, mark and cut in hope I accomplish sonething I have never done before! This is definatly a glorious milestone for me and my knowelage base for future use on my builds!

Well I bolted the excessive length setup to get another measurment and a grasp of how much I have to pull the axle in,.... Wooowwww 13" WB=1.5" In, thats a pretty big adjusment IMO... When people trade things like this and they say the links are pre cut and ready to bolt right under your rig, they MAKE SURE that they work, that or he had to lie to sweeten the deal for my AR60s..... Oh well just one more reason I dislike dealing on this pretty iffy and arrogent crawler forum....
avaqadad.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Loring! And if it was easy, anybody could do it, and we'd be over run with noobs. :D

Thanks Randy, I actually spoke too soon when I saod it was as easy as pie, because shortly after eating my pie I walked into a what youd call a cluster f**k, and no thats not chocolatey and delicious oh no! Its a bar with clusters of f**k and its not enjoyable whatsoever.... I just barely got done with all of my MM measuring converted into inches that was added from this and subtracted from that, and I hope all goes well for the sake of my Wraiths well being lol... We will find out later today I suppose...

Order up some Revo rod ends, go to the hardware store and grab some all thread, and the auto parts for some brake tubing. You know the rest. :D

Thought about it and I will probably do that if this dyi conversion doesn't work out

Back