HPI-Killers AE MGT 4.6 & LRP .32 MGT Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dual tanks are easily done on the mgt. Like this.
a3y7yqy3.jpg

Okay hold up, @Rolex posted a pic of a dual tank fuel line howto and it looked totally differant than your pic..
hamepyme.jpg

So who is correct?

-------

Here is how she is lookin as of now
ehu9ysa3.jpg
2u6esa5a.jpg
ezymy6yq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay hold up, @Rolex posted a pic of a dual tank fuel line howto and it looked totally differant than your pic..

So who is correct?

WE are!
He's running "Saddle tanks" with a 'dual pump' feed, meaning he's putting pressure into both tanks through a T fitting, then pumping out BOTH tanks to another T fitting and going to the carb. Looks very nice, I might add.

My setup puts the pressure into one tank which sends the fuel to the next, which gets pressurized, sending fuel to the carb.
Either setup works well.

Excellent chime Ralph thank you! Got her all finished up and got her purrin and ran into a few major repairs... The first order of business is that I am only rippin in RWD, the tranny turns the front shaft and the female cup on the diff but it isnt playing nice inside so it looks like its time for a possible diff rebuild which is just fine. The 2nd order of operations is a transmission engaging problem, at stops, low rpm and low-mid rpm it will engage properly along with shift smooth. But when the mill exceeds that rpm range it disengages all together and leaves only the spur/clutchbell spinning, nothing more. Its only when the mill's rpm levels drop back down to the low range it will re-engage and begin moving again... If I open the mill up from a dig and maintain a steady rpm range, it drives fine. Heres a video I shot to show you.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=xqdslGGcSro

Last edited:
Excellent chime Ralph thank you! Got her all finished up and got her purrin and ran into a few major repairs... The first order of business is that I am only rippin in RWD, the tranny turns the front shaft and the female cup on the diff but it isnt playing nice inside so it looks like its time for a possible diff rebuild which is just fine. The 2nd order of operations is a transmission engaging problem, at stops, low rpm and low-mid rpm it will engage properly along with shift smooth. But when the mill exceeds that rpm range it disengages all together and leaves only the spur/clutchbell spinning, nothing more. Its only when the mill's rpm levels drop back down to the low range it will re-engage and begin moving again... If I open the mill up from a dig and maintain a steady rpm range, it drives fine. Heres a video I shot to show you.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=xqdslGGcSro

Either dual tank setup works that is correct. I really found no need to continue running the dual setup on my MGT may sound crazy but when I upgraded to the LRP.32 it seems easier on fuel, not sure why. On the trans issue it sounds like there might be a broken pin somewhere in the main shaft. Also check your one way bearing inside the trans they can cause the exact same issue your saying its doing. I would disassemble it clean one way really well. Also you could check the shifting mech for the 2 speed. It could have came unlock from the main shaft if the grub screw came loose.

Last edited:
Just lookin to enjoy the added mpg on my rig haha. Ill see whats goin on in her tonight, I really want to get her in tip top so I can bash the hell out of her! Thanks Hulk, I apreciate it.

So how's the MGT coming along? I took mine out for a bash tonight. Had to retune it switched over to the Torco and it was running so rich it was practically drowning LOL! Took me like 5 minutes to go through the first tank.

Still an absolutly HPI stompin BEAST, but have not dipped in on fixing the front diff & trans issue... Takes alot of my courage to crack into my oily/dirty nitros, and the trans is my knowelage weakness with nitro RCs so thats just the frosting on the cake for this couple hour operation...

I got a 8.0 tranny and engine lying around