Hpi identification

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I have a 4.6. It looks like this K4.6
111595_111595_01np_312_234.jpg

25 doesn't have the cuts in the cooling fins
1406_1406_107p_314_235.jpg

It's an HPI F4.6
View attachment 129760
HPI made 2 4.6 engines. He has the F4.6 and I have the K4.6
That seems to be my engine, 3rd pic hpi F4.6

woops completely forgot about the SS coming with a 4.6/.28, thats exactly what it is.
for some reason i was thinking because it was a kit it didn't come with the engine.
the F4.6 was Force, thus the "F"
the K4.6 was made by Kingstar or "k-star" thus the "K"
axial at that point was associated with HPI, so used their "K" series engines and went from there.

The K series HPI & Axial o-ways & starters interchange!..:thumbs-up:
As I pulled the that stuff off my 5.9 engine an installed it on my Axial
28 engine to run it!..:cool:

s, the SS kit does indeed have the metal handle. I still have mine.
From the pics his looks like a Savage SS 4.6. The second pic is the Savage SS 4.6

Yes, the SS kit does indeed have the metal handle. I still have mine.

From the pics his looks like a Savage SS 4.6. The second pic is the Savage SS 4.6
Mine is the second pic.

The K series HPI & Axial o-ways & starters interchange!..:thumbs-up:
As I pulled the that stuff off my 5.9 engine an installed it on my Axial
28 engine to run it!..:cool:
yeah, had to get a OWB awhile back for my Axial .28 that came from a K series. great engines, especially at their price point way back when. were 130$ brand new on tower hobbies and even came wiht all the venturi, though i never really messed with the MSN on mine, just set it and put a bite of RVT so it wouldnt back off on its own.

yeah, had to get a OWB awhile back for my Axial .28 that came from a K series. great engines, especially at their price point way back when. were 130$ brand new on tower hobbies and even came wiht all the venturi, though i never really messed with the MSN on mine, just set it and put a bite of RVT so it wouldnt back off on its own.

Yea ,thats what I had to do on mine to ,as that needle is never messed with anyways ,I
just put sealer on it ,but had to slime the other needles!.. :thumbs-up: