Hpi firestorm

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ginge rc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I'm pretty new to the whole rc nitro thing. I have two hpi firestorm. 1 the steering is great good look left and right but the second car it's a good lock to the left but on the right lock the steering arm hits the chassis so doesent go. All the way any ideas guys. Many thanks

Pull the servo horn turn on radio and make sure trim is at zero or center. then put horn back on that should fix it.

Pull the servo horn turn on radio and make sure trim is at zero or center. then put horn back on that should fix it.
Hi thanks for replying. Servo horn? Like I say I'm new to this would that be the bit the to pull joints go on to on the steering arms. It just seems to hi on the right hand sid and hitting the chassis

servo horn or servo saver.. Id check radios trim ,make sure thats centered. the little turn knobs on left side of steering wheel. one labeled ST.. try moving it to left Counter clockwise. small movements there should be lines or hash marks.

servo horn or servo saver.. Id check radios trim ,make sure thats centered. the little turn knobs on left side of steering wheel. one labeled ST.. try moving it to left Counter clockwise. small movements there should be lines or hash marks.
OK thanks will give it a go in the morning and will let you no the out come... Just seems high one side

Ok I did not understand your explanation of issue.. so 2nd truck steering link is hitting chassis.. did you check steering links? are they all straight no bends .ball studs all the correct 1;s as no longer 1s causing issue.. my solution wont fix your issue...

Ok I did not understand your explanation of issue.. so 2nd truck steering link is hitting chassis.. did you check steering links? are they all straight no bends .ball studs all the correct 1;s as no longer 1s causing issue.. my solution wont fix your issue...
I'm sorry its so hard to explain but the link that comes of the front wheel to go up to servo linkage with a knuckle on the end that is what hits the chassis instead of runnuning through. I carnt se that's its bent as its plastic. It's just very ood.

I'm sorry its so hard to explain but the link that comes of the front wheel to go up to servo linkage with a knuckle on the end that is what hits the chassis instead of runnuning through. I carnt se that's its bent as its plastic. It's just very ood.
so thatblink with the arrow hits were the circle is in stead of running through the bottom plate and main chassis.
Screenshot_20200419_090211.jpg

are the turnbuckle lengths similar between sides (L/R)? if possible try taking a picture of full lock left, then full lock right w/o tires on so we can see easier.
EDIT: this is what is called the turnbuckle if you did not know yet
1587398909641.png

are the turnbuckle lengths similar between sides (L/R)? if possible try taking a picture of full lock left, then full lock right w/o tires on so we can see easier.
EDIT: this is what is called the turnbuckle if you did not know yet
View attachment 121843
Thanks for taking the time to read my thread I took the front end of it last night. And the original owner must of put spacers up the wrong way because I swapped them over and it's now running free in between the cassias and up plate. With out hitting anything. So happy days.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread I took the front end of it last night. And the original owner must of put spacers up the wrong way because I swapped them over and it's now running free in between the cassias and up plate. With out hitting anything. So happy days.
Also do you have a fire storm. And do you no if the clutch spring of the trophy would fit it.

i do not own the firestorm sadly, always wanted to though.
is your Firestorm a 3 shoe clutch? stock i believe was a 2 shoe clutch.

if you are looking for an upgrade, Integy makes a 3-shoe clutch for the Firestorm, the Firestorm kind of has a thick flywheel, so i don't know what all other ones will fit it.
https://www.ebay.com/p/1543034097?i...zeQfDEFMSWCt7m94ff4aB1WSCaDPY63RoCeCAQAvD_BwE
i did read somewhere that they used a 3-shoe flywheel shoes and springs but had to file down the shoe a little as it was too thick, they swore by it in the thread anyways.

T
i do not own the firestorm sadly, always wanted to though.
is your Firestorm a 3 shoe clutch? stock i believe was a 2 shoe clutch.
they are. A fantastic car untill the clutch spring breaks... But I haven't uongteaded them on both yet. I'm running on with a upgraded exhaust and seems OK.

Back