HPI Firestorm

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marehamjoe

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post on here and I'm fairly new to nitro cars and RC cars in general!
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how far the range is between the transmitter and receiver on my HPI Firestorm nitro car? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Hi guys, this is my first post on here and I'm fairly new to nitro cars and RC cars in general!
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how far the range is between the transmitter and receiver on my HPI Firestorm nitro car? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Hi there depends on which radio you have ! If you have a 2.4 ghz you could read this article. http://www.bigsquidrc.com/2-4-ghz-r...out/2-4-ghz-transmitter-shootout-radio-range/

The best thing you could do is take a friend, leave the car and walk away from it and test how far it works!

Thanks for the info it's much appreciated, will give that a go!
With 2.4GHZ then it's plenty long enough- I've heard stories of people using their cars when they can't see it, only hear it- as for your's get a friend and do it the previously mentioned way.

A good rule of thumb is to consider the range of any radio in our hobby to be "line of site", that is to say run the truck where you can see it.

A good rule of thumb is to consider the range of any radio in our hobby to be "line of site", that is to say run the truck where you can see it.
Yes, definitely not a good idea to do what I've heard what other people of done unless you're Chuck Norris.