HPI Firestorm problems.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countjord

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello there, new to these forums so going to refrain from asking too many questions at this time but I'm having problems with my HPI firestorm currently.

I've never really done repairs to my model car before but I'm not going to keep taking my RC car back to the hobby shop especially after my car continues to break after every use.

Anyway my current problem is that the car starts fine but the problem comes to when it is accelerating, when i go to accelerate slow the car appears to be fine and it will continue to accelerate at a slow pace but when i go to accelerate fast the revs just go higher and the car doesn't accelerate. Straight away I'm thinking its the clutch that has gone on the car but I'm not too sure.

If anyone needs a video of this I can go and record one of this happening.

Can anyone please help me? thanks.

Your slipper clutch most likely needs tightening or the slipper pad may need replacing.

I would also recommend you download the user manual & exploded views for it.

Looks like this, tighten the nut snug, then back it off 1/4 turn for a starting point then adjust it tighter or looser from there so it takes a good bit of force to get it to slip.
17_zpsa4efc529.jpg

Tried tightening the slipper clutch

Tried tightening and loosening the slipper clutch but no luck there, i've uploaded the footage of it so you can get a better idea of whats going on.

Also gt2racespec what do you mean by have i sealed the engine?

I'll also add in that the cars not new i've had it for 1 and a half years now and I'm pretty sure i've spent more money on the car getting it repaired than its value x2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help guys, figured out what it was today. Found out that two of the engine screws had come out and this was causing the spur wheel to disengage from the clutch bell. Simple £5 fix, had to buy a new spur wheel and new screws.