Hpi Firestorm Fuel line placement?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle_battle

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
upon inspection of my new hpi i noticed that the fuel line is smuched right up against the friggin head it almost pinchs the fuel line.. I'm attaching a photo.. would this cause a problem or possibly melt the line?

2v1rp8i.jpg

That's not good, loosen the fuel inlet with a wrench and reposition it. Find a better place to run the line. Around the head will work fine if you can keep it away from the exhaust.
If I remember correctly, the clutchbell will chew up the fel line on those cars if you go under the filter. Hard to say from here. Definitely reroute it though.

Yeah I'm looking at it now and I'm pretty sure i can run it around the air filter with no real problems

Wow! That will cook the fuel for sure if not outright burn a hole in the line. Good thing you caught that! If you don't have enough slack to re-route the line get some more. It's cheap! If you don't currently have an in-line fuel filter now would be a good time to add one as well. You want to keep it away from the head too. They serve as a good heat sink and can vapor lock the engine if they get too hot.

Check that the HSN housing does not leak since you repositioned it. That happens after adjusting them sometimes.

Got it repositioned now and no leaks as far as i can see..Heres a photo! Oh and yeah that's one thing i kinda forgot to pick up when i bought everything ill prob grab one next weekend :]

21o388k.jpg

I think they all come like that though! Mine is like that. I've put almost a gallon through it so far and havent had any problems, o melting, smoking or burning. The cooling head does a great job of disipating heat. That and I think the fuel line HPI uses is capable of withstanding pretty high temps.

The angle of the fuel line plus vibration could possibly cause the fuel flow to be interrupted briefly. I take no chances with these kinds of issues.

I think they all come like that though! Mine is like that. I've put almost a gallon through it so far and havent had any problems, o melting, smoking or burning. The cooling head does a great job of disipating heat. That and I think the fuel line HPI uses is capable of withstanding pretty high temps.

I just thought id turn it to be on the safe side

Back