HPi firestorm 10t tuning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Switch

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well... i finally got my firestorm broken in, i tuned it up so its runs about 230 degrees with a decent high end, but my problem is there is little low end response. I've tried playing with the low speed needle but have gotten little difference with it.

Any suggestions?

Well... i finally got my firestorm broken in, i tuned it up so its runs about 230 degrees with a decent high end, but my problem is there is little low end response. I've tried playing with the low speed needle but have gotten little difference with it.

Any suggestions?

of the 2 firestorms i owned neither one ever had a good bottom end punch. it was all top end scream and i tuned and tried diff brands and percentages of fuel. it always had a slight hesitation at take off but once in the mid to top end it had lotsa power like enuff to wheelie easy at half throttle . the only way i got more low end was gearing by droppin the the tooth count on the clutch bell but then u lose some of that high speed hope this helps ya out
Jay:D

of the 2 firestorms i owned neither one ever had a good bottom end punch. it was all top end scream and i tuned and tried diff brands and percentages of fuel. it always had a slight hesitation at take off but once in the mid to top end it had lotsa power like enuff to wheelie easy at half throttle . the only way i got more low end was gearing by droppin the the tooth count on the clutch bell but then u lose some of that high speed hope this helps ya out
Jay:D
Hey, the way to get it off to a fast start is the clutch. tighten it down a bit, and you'll fly off the start

You might also look at a different pipe for your rig. That sometimes helps both the low and mid range punch.

Back