Hpi factory tour

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubaka

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Wow. That is very interesting. I was just talking to Grey the other day about the HPI Super Star wheels, and was telling him I was pretty sure HPI started out making parts. I didn't know the Super Stars were their first product. I wish they'd bring them back. They are the slickest looking 1/10th buggy wheel there ever was.

I hope HPI makes a helluva comeback and gets a huge foothold in this hobby. They made some of the best stuff back in the day. The Savage, the Vorza, etc. Thanks for sharing!

Wow. That is very interesting. I was just talking to Grey the other day about the HPI Super Star wheels, and was telling him I was pretty sure HPI started out making parts. I didn't know the Super Stars were their first product. I wish they'd bring them back. They are the slickest looking 1/10th buggy wheel there ever was.

I hope HPI makes a helluva comeback and gets a huge foothold in this hobby. They made some of the best stuff back in the day. The Savage, the Vorza, etc. Thanks for sharing!
I hope they do to, but the new savvy looks ugly.......but that's an easy fix!...... below not so much....

I was a huge HPI fan in the early 2000. However I have the new Savage XL 5.9. Came with stripped screws. Had to shim transmission. And now disc brakes are touching clutchbell. And several others have same problem with new Savages.

If you want HPI buy used or later models. The Neo I have been looking at also. Kyosho has always been good.

I think the "good years" are gone. The full customization, quality kits and products, the way it should be. It's hard to describe what I'm saying. 🤪

I hope they do to, but the new savvy looks ugly.......but that's an easy fix!...... below not so much....

I think the "good years" are gone. The full customization, quality kits and products, the way it should be. It's hard to describe what I'm saying. 🤪
I know what you mean. It's all the same old chit. It's why I am leaning more towards crawlers and stuff these days. So many ways to build em, it keeps it interesting. Like the scale stuff you are always messing with.

I know what you mean. It's all the same old chit. It's why I am leaning more towards crawlers and stuff these days. So many ways to build em, it keeps it interesting. Like the scale stuff you are always messing with.
If your ocd, your in for a rude awakening with crawlers. 😆😁

That’s the era I want to live in. Back during peak years I was too young/broke to buy anything and get into it. Now that I’m older and have the time and money to build and drive these cars, the era is gone, the companies are gone, hobby shops closed, no more parts, skyrocketing prices etc

I’m just not a fan of new stuff, I don’t like electric, I don’t like keeping it stock, I don’t like unlicensed bodies and I don’t like RTRs. The cool magazines are gone, the local communities have shriveled up, everything now is mostly about bashing and off-road and not about on-road and racing.

That’s the era I want to live in. Back during peak years I was too young/broke to buy anything and get into it. Now that I’m older and have the time and money to build and drive these cars, the era is gone, the companies are gone, hobby shops closed, no more parts, skyrocketing prices etc

I’m just not a fan of new stuff, I don’t like electric, I don’t like keeping it stock, I don’t like unlicensed bodies and I don’t like RTRs. The cool magazines are gone, the local communities have shriveled up, everything now is mostly about bashing and off-road and not about on-road and racing.

I feel the same. I'm still trying to live it. Buying titanium parts for my Nitro rs4 and bandit build. I was too young but I was always making money back then, just not enough. I spent a bit on other things and my stampedes and nitro sport at the time. Didn't think about shops closing or companies changing directions until it was too late.

As for power plants, I'm half electric and half nitro. I prefer kits over rtr but unfortunately that's becoming less and less.