HPI engine exchange program?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannarunem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Has anyone taken advantage of HPI's engine exchange program? I looked into the program and I dont see how its at all an advantage. For instance, I have a .21bb laying around that I could trade in on a S-25.....but according to their website...in order to do that..I would need to send in the .21bb and $99 to upgrade to a S-25? Is that correct? To me that doesn't seem like a very good deal when I can spend a few more bucks and get a STS...SH...or other .28 engine off ebay. Not that I would want to, but according to the program I can send in my .21bb and $99 and i can get a brand new .21bb??:nope: Come on..get real HPI.

HPI engine exchange program link

http://www.hpiracing.com/eng_exch.htm

honestly wanna ,none of the exchange programs i have seen are worth it when like you said you can go and buy a new motor for the same cash shipped off ebay

Yeah, I didn't think it was worth the effort either... I ended up going for an OS 18 for my MT-2. The price was right and overall a better investment. A set of mounts and it was pretty much a drop in.

i actually thought its an okay deal. not the best out there, but for people on a budget it may work. the way i see it is, with the many scams on ebay and not really knowing if the engine is really brand new, for $99 bucks u get peace of mind and a new mill. not to mention u clean up your work area of a dead engine.

If you are a fan of staying stock, or if you really like your stock engines then the exchange program is prolly the best for you. Especially for the peice of mind. I have 2 HPIs and have gone through 4 of their engines now. While they are not the BEST performance wise they are very reliable (Even after heating one up to over 600 degrees F cause i forgot to cut a air hole out the fron windshield on a new body) If saving $ is more important to you, there are better deals to be had if you look hard enough.

Back