hpi baja 5b wont start??????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FCRACING

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
well i got use in a trade and the guy show me how it and it started so now it wont start this one is the use one cause i have a new one. with the choke down it sound like it want to start but when i raise the red level it wont start.

First things first, for an engine to fire you need fuel, air, and spark.

Are you sure you're getting fuel into the carb?

Did you pump the primer bulb? I've missed that one before myself, and it will try and start then starve for fuel.

How fresh is the plug? If it's old, throw a new plug in it and verify that you have a good strong spark.

If you have fuel and spark, make sure the air filter is clean as well. If it's not flooded or having issues, a Baja should fire within 3-5 pulls from fully cold.

yes i am getting fuel cause they was plenty of fuel in the exhaust i have to drain it out.
plug is new.
i did pump prime bulb

if your draining fuel out of the exhaust then you are WAY flooded. take the plug out, and spin over the engine a few times to clear out the fuel. then put it back in and try it with no primer bulb or choke.

Yep, sounds like you flooded it big time.

Do as Beason suggests and you should be good.

For future reference....

Proper way to start a Baja when cold if you have a carb with a choke lever.

Press primer bulb until you see the fuel reach the carb
Close the choke and pull the pull start until you hear the engine pop (Should take 3-4 pulls)
Open the choke and pull the pull start until it starts (Should start in less than 3-4 pulls if everything is OK)

Back