How to set toe?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Is there a tool to set the toe on a short course truck or any RC for that matter that is accurate? When I raced outlaw karts we just used a tape measure but this is a lot smaller scale lol.

I read an article or post once that suggested using old CD's. Mount them as wheels on the hubs, take your measurements, make your adjustments.

The kits I have seen make it look like you mounted bicycle tires on the truck... Yes, you measure off of those. I guess I'm not that anal about setting it and have been lucky enough to get my rigs to run right by trial and error. I suppose the kit would give you a definite setting to work with tho.

Toe isn't as easy as some attempt to make it sound, the key is keeping the vehicle at the same height at all times, this is why doing a real vehicle is so much easier. Also just because you think you got it right on your desktop when the vehicle runs down the road while bouncing around the toe appears to be way off. This is why you are alway adjusting steering trim constantly (I am anyways). IMO toe is never adjusted correctly on RC's it's just close.

How to set toe
useful-shoe-hacks-featured.jpg

I'm more likely to use @Rolex 's method than to go out and buy the other! Although steel toe'd boots have saved me a lot of tape!