How to prime a non pullstart?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,

What is the best way to prime a non pullstart? I have a starter box, but it would take some coordination to push on the box keep the truck square to the wheel and plug the muffler at the same time. I figure this is the only way but I figured I would ask just the same. Thanks guys.

Tom

install the alignment pegs on the box to free up your hand. Once that is done, all you have to do is push down on the car and stick your finger over the exhaust till the fuel reaches the nipple. attach the ignitor and start her up.

Or, if you're feeling adventurous, you could pressurize the tank GENTLY by blowing up the stinger. I actually have one of those squeeze bulbs that have a one-way valve in them ($4 at harbor freight) for just such tasks. Few quick squeezes, and the engines' primed and ready to light.

I have the alignment pegs on there now, but they are for my 1/8 buggy I am not sure if they will work with the CRT or not. It is supposed to be in the low 70's tomorrow so I figured I would go out and try to start the break in process. Thanks for the help guys. I will get her going.

Tom

you're going to have to set it up for one or th eother....I have the same problem w/ 2 RCs that need 2 different mounts on the bump box...I found I can use just the 2 fronts and it will start both RCs.... or if you're feeling real adventerous w/ your new 1k+ tpy try drilling 2 holes in teh front of the chassis.....get some metal posts that fit throught the hole you drilled and have a threaded hole on one side (or right through it would be easier to find).....set one RC up to sit on that...then make hoels in teh second one to match and you're set....the holes don't need to be too big so the chassis integrity shouldn't be affected....I tried doing this on mine but my truggy chassis is 4mm Ti and I ruined 3 bits trying to go through it already.....

Hey Plaid,

That would be adventurous! I don't know if I will be drilling holes in the chassis just yet... I have to get it scratched up first! LOL I think I am going to take your first bit of advice and just set up the front and see if I can get it to work with both of them. I am more than likely not going to race two classes just yet so I think I will probably just race the CRT for now. Hey Plaid... what is tpy stand for? Thanks again my friend.

Tom

Dale, take the pressure line off the pipe, hit full throttle on your radio, and blow into the line and watch the fuel go to the carb.
As soon as it gets to the carb, stop blowing (you will want a drop to get into the carb).
Pinch the fuel line while putting it back on the pipe (try to keep the pressure in the line).
Oh yeah, let off the throttle....lol

I do what ratzo said with mine... but I don't pinch the line while putting it back on the pipe. Mine usually starts in a couple pulls of the starter. It isn't easy holding the truck down, plugging the exhaust, ripping the cord all at the same time either! ;)

You could also get one of these: Primer
ascc8576.jpg

It goes in line on the tank to carb. It also acts as a little resevoir for roll overs to give you a little more time to get to it. I can't figure out where to put it out of harms way on my revo or I would.

HMMM..........i think i prefer my way myself.

I generally nip off the pressure line from the exhaust to the fuel tank and gently use an air filled syringe to pressurize the tank and push the fuel through to the carb.

OH so simple. might not work for everyone though.

Tom, I just pull the pressure line and give a bit of pressure. Once you spin it on the box even if it moved a bit back it will fire off. I tried the pump thing onthe stinger, but I could not always get enough pressure to move it into the carb.

Hey Revo, is that not what i just said ??

Thunder_Tiger_EB4_S2_Pro said:
I generally nip off the pressure line from the exhaust to the fuel tank and gently use an air filled syringe to pressurize the tank and push the fuel through to the carb.

when i had my on-road and starter box i never primed it by finger over pipe or blowing into it ,if the motor has good compression just bump it a few times on the box and it will push the fuel to the carb
install igniter and hit the box ,should fire right up without any problems
might take a few secs to finish getting fuel to the carb but alot better then numb lips and a bad taste in your mouth from nitro fuel

even with my savage with roto-start there is plenty of push there ot get the fuel to the carb without priming
just my :2cents:

Thanks for all the help guys. I tried all of the ideas that I could without having to buy any new equipment and they all worked well. I got it started without any problems at all. Thanks Revo for the link as well. I think I may end up getting one of those once folks start getting them back in stock. Take care guys.

Tom

Back