How to make a wooden ramp for your rc's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnarkill

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
How to build a wooden ramp for rc's
ramp.jpg

Box 1: Make 2 pieces of ply wood cut like this in your own desired shape/size/angle
Box 2: Stand the two up and connect the sides with 2x4's
Box 3: Put a thin piece of plywood on it and screw it on the edges of the ramp
Box 4: Make a "U" with the wood and screw it to the back like above in red
Box 5: Thats all. Hope you build it. Hope you like it.
Attention!- In the second step screw the plywood to the 2x4's on each side.

post image of the ramp that you make in the comments so I everyone can see them.

Last edited:
i'm going to have to build some ramps all my old ones got wrecked..i'll post up some pics whenever i do it

15ramp1.jpg

I built 2 like that about 6 years ago. They work awesome. Nice, easy weekend project.

i think to many people over think rc ramps OR way under think them lol. super easy to make a good ramp with nice kick.

That will make a good solid ramp, me and my buddy's use to make skate ramps similar to that when I was younger.

I'm in the process of makin a jump now..... but its just got a consistant incline without a kick so i can get used to takin it off jumps for abit......(some off you probably think I'm bein soft but my buggy has spent 90% of its time since i bought it off the road n busted) but for the part of the ramp the buggy runs over will be perspex cos we thinkin off doin videos therefore we can stash a video camera inside the ramp for the videos....what ya think bout that ida people????.... but once i get used to jumpin(which hopefully will only be a few runs over a day or 2 then i can adjust the jump with a kick for more fun, which will be easy because its made from perspex........

let me know what you think????? any tips would be greatly appreciated.....

I'm having trouble uploading pics here so ill post a facebook link to check it out.....here is the link......

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=93220&id=718631789

Last edited:
I'm in the process of makin a jump now..... but its just got a consistant incline without a kick so i can get used to takin it off jumps for abit......(some off you probably think I'm bein soft but my buggy has spent 90% of its time since i bought it off the road n busted) but for the part of the ramp the buggy runs over will be perspex cos we thinkin off doin videos therefore we can stash a video camera inside the ramp for the videos....what ya think bout that ida people????.... but once i get used to jumpin(which hopefully will only be a few runs over a day or 2 then i can adjust the jump with a kick for more fun, which will be easy because its made from perspex........

let me know what you think????? any tips would be greatly appreciated.....

I'm having trouble uploading pics here so ill post a facebook link to check it out.....here is the link......

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=93220&id=718631789

Is that a plexiglass top on it?

I have a large piece of plexi in the garage just sitting there and thought the other day , " I should make a ramp with that"... Needs more vert!!!

if by 'plexiglass' you mean 'perspex' then yes it is gnarkill......
i know it needs more vert big jilm, which ill do sometime real soon after have a few runs over the jump the way it is.......and then ill be able to undo the screws goin through the perspex and add more underneath to create more vert.......but grab that piece of perspex you got and get building...... this only took bout 30-40 minutes to make....

Yep, Looks very solid!!!:)
You put that thing in tha street and hit it goin'bout 50 , you'll get a nice launch...:whhooo:

yeh man its very solid indeed...... i reckon you could get air off it on a skateboard..... and the best thing is that it cost me nothin to build...... wood n perspex were leftover from work and what not...
took it to local park at my gf's house 2day and was just tryin to get used to hittin the jump n hitting it straight........and man its harder then it looks n then i thought it would be...... it ya dont hit it exactly straight then it sends you way off..... ill try upload a video from this afternoon to show ya wat i mean.....

i finally uploaded the video.......

Last edited by a moderator:
You forgot grip tape, once I put grip tape on mine it made it allot easier to backflip....

here is the video on youtube that took me a while to upload....bloody computers........urgh

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,,,, this make me wana make one, but to cold out haha

Back