how to make a savage handle good??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright fellas trenchers or badlands? Either will be in 1/2 offset.

If I'm not impressed with the tires I choose then I don't think I'll be buying proline tires again. I was not impressed with the ballooning of my roadrage tires.

Anybody tried the duratrax 3.8 tires? Thoughts on them?

Lots of traction with the badlands,...trenchers balloon on a stock maxx platform, badlands balloon less but are thinner and shorter,....order them separate and do the tape trick man

I was leaning towards the badlands. Know of any companies that sell dish wheels in 3.8? Probablysilly question as I'm sure traxxas does.

I'm almost certain proline does..there's another one I know of but I think there in a 23mm hex

I'm checking proline and don't see any. I'll look to see at my lhs tomorrow.

I'll see if I can find those other guys for ya man......

i swear proline made a dish called the velocity,..thought I seen some on the bay the other day man, I'll check for ya dude

Last edited:
Those proline ones are the 3.2
Traxxas does have a 3.8 dish
Hpi ones i think are the smaller size.
Seen a dynamite set on the bay
py2ehedu.jpg

Thanks man I think I'm going to go with the Traxxas ones, with the badlands, and the sway bar kit. My lhs (the one with good stock), is 3 hours away but have free shipping on orders over a $100.
I appreciate all the help.

dish wheels for monster trucks are near impossible to find these day, the traxxas ones arnt a 1/2" offset either .a few years ago I ran proline vtr on my erevo and they were great ,1/2" offset but they were a lot narrow than say a 40 series the hpi dish wheels are also a 0 offset leaving you with a choice of desperados or the f11's , I just bolted up my trencher x's mounted on 1/2" desperados and I gotta say shes looking very sharp.
badlands are probably your best bet , they are a good tire and very little ballooning you could also look at the proline shockwaves I have them on a revo and that handles a treat plus they are on the smaller side compared to most others on the market.
also its a real pain to get proline tires on traxxas wheels I don't know why that's just my experience
20140826_181728_zps5jahgskz.jpg

Last edited:
Crap! Just realized they're not 1/2 offset. I'm not a big fan of the looks of the desperado wheels or the f-11, but I guess they'll have to do.
Proline tires and traxxas wheels don't go together good even when they're both traxxas style bead?

maybe its just me but I tried to mount badlands on a set of e maxx brushless wheels and it was a no go.
also what size hex do you have I would assume 17mm? most companies use a 17mm hex .
I would like to give a set of those duratrax wheels and tires a run but I haven't heard enough feed back to drop the coin

OK so I got my wheels, tires, and sway bars today, I plan on installing them tomorrow. My question is what set of sway bars should I use the medium or the firm?

Yep i would start at medium and go from there.
I'm still waiting for sway bars i did get my servos and adjustable upper arms along with mounting the trenchers I'm just hoping the weather will hold up tomorrow

Back