how to made

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noah

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
:help:

i want to make a crawler but i dont find enyting to do it like i want

i want a electric one, with 2 one peace diff (4x4)

i gone to make my own frame in alluminium

i serch on ebay for a old truck for the diff and electronic but all i see is independent front suspention

thank you for you idea

noah said:
:help:

i want to make a crawler but i dont find enyting to do it like i want

i want a electric one, with 2 one peace diff (4x4)

i gone to make my own frame in alluminium

i serch on ebay for a old truck for the diff and electronic but all i see is independent front suspention

thank you for you idea

what type of axles do you want? there are tlt, x factor, clods, txt, twin force, and then theres the maxx type axles but they need some mods to be done. what ever you use if the diff isnt locked it will need to be or else you will not have a good crawler.

then theres the trans depending on the axles (some have built in thans like the clods). if you choose tlt axles traxxas stampede ( electric) which run around 50 bucks fully assembled. also if you buy a kit like a txt or something of that matter you can use the trans it has. also like before you can use maxx trans but that will also need some mods like locking in first gear. oh and what ever trans you use it will need to be locked by either alot of ca or a jb weld.

then there are electronics which will depend on you motor and batteries. which is all up to you. there alot of motor out there the more popular ones are the lathes 55t and 65t by i think intergy. some people go brushless. but as you may know they are preety expensive.

the radio is all up to you. if you want 4 wheel steering then you will need a 3 channel radio. if not a 2 channel should be fine.

the chassis which i should have states first. some kits have good chassis to start from. some like to have there own. this options lets you be as creative as you want. if you do make you own i would suggest making the battery pack tray of some sort as low as possible to avoid roll overs and things of that nature. you can also buy your own which can be preety price depending on which you want.

finally there are shocks the most popular are t maxx shocks. some people like savage shocks so they can get more travel.

oh i forgot tires there are many types of tires to choose from. you can go qith 2.2 or the larger maxx sizes. but like other parts to a crawler its all entirely up to you.
hope this helps.

Last edited:
i see some pics of coldbuster it's the kind or diff i want to use but it more expensive that i think

i prefere to have a solide 1 peace differentiel with motor and servos mount on

maby i gone to take the cheapest way i want to bild one just for the fun to build a truck

you want one that the motor, servo are on the axles correct if so then the clods your best choice. that is a very good choice. there are alot of hop ups for it. whats your budget? there are a couple people here that have them just search around and you will find them.

What size crawler are you looking to build? The size you want will determine where to look for parts.

Back