How to lube the clutch bearings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbb4us

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does anyone know how to lube the clutch bearings in the T-maxx?

I believe the clutch bearings are sealed units so you would not be able to lube them. If there is a lot of drag it is probably a sign of bad bearings.

They picture an unsealed bearing. If that is what you have then I would suggest some lube. Of course when you do that the lube is like a magnet for dirt. So you will have to clean them after each bash session. Or at least you should to prevent premature ware.

I lube the sealed ones as well. A light oil can make its way into the bearing once the bearing has been used for a little while to loosen up the seal.

How bout somethin like marvel mystery oil is that good?

PS: They are sealed.

you do not want to put too much lube on the clutch bearings as it can make its way onto the bell and shoes..and then you would have a slipping clutch. i say just spend the 8-10$ and get new bearings...they should last a very long time anyway.

Trinity sells bearing specific lube. They've got general ball bearing lube, and then they sell "Royal Drops" which are their high performance ball bearing lube. I use the Royal Drops on all of my bearings and they work great.