How long do I charge my Losi micro sct?

• Thread starter NurturantQuasar
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got an old brushed motor Losi micro sct that I dug out of my closet. How long do I charge the battery for?

2CF5CA8C-03F4-43E8-9567-95F9DC931315.jpeg

Last edited:
not sure what type of charger you are using..Or anything about your battery ...If its a nimh or nicad you will need to condition it 1st.. thats a 12+ hour charge at lowest amperage you can do . like .01 amps.. that will bring all cells to correct voltage.. then discharge it and then you can charge it at a more normal current.. dint those have a 220mah 4 cell.. I think they did..so if that is your battery id charge it at 1/10 of A amp.. .10 amps...might go .15 max ..

not sure what type of charger you are using..Or anything about your battery ...If its a nimh or nicad you will need to condition it 1st.. thats a 12+ hour charge at lowest amperage you can do . like .01 amps.. that will bring all cells to correct voltage.. then discharge it and then you can charge it at a more normal current.. dint those have a 220mah 4 cell.. I think they did..so if that is your battery id charge it at 1/10 of A amp.. .10 amps...might go .15 max ..
Ok thanks I’m using the 220 mah 4.8v NiMH Losi battery it came with along with the wall charger it came with. I would condition it but I got no way to do that at the moment. I got a charger that can do that but not for the type of connector this tiny battery uses I’ll look into getting an adapter or something though.

Last edited:
Alright I’m gonna get a new battery the old ones have bulges and don’t last long. Does anyone know if the esc on this car has an option for low voltage cutoff?

Back