how do i make my Stadium Maxx do 60+

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucidvtec

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
it's gotta be possible ........the supercharger doesn't do much at all........how do i do it.......what do i gotta buy...........

You need to buy a full sized car and drive on the turnpike with the Maxx in the trunk. In some states you'll be able to get it up to 75.

no i'm serious.......there has to be some way.......maybe a 3speed tranny some crazy motor swap........somebody's gotta know

Shove a rocket up it's arse!

Really tall gearing with a 21 drop in should do it. I don't know how tall you can go, but why does it matter? It's a MT... once you hit 30, anything but a straight line is sure death! Even a straight line can get away from you.

why the world you want to do 60 in a s-maxx?trucks are mean for jumping and rolling and crazy stuff and the center of gravity is just too high to actually steer the truck once even if you get someting that heavy to roll that fast. may i ask which supercharger you got (company name) either way it wouldnt work verry effictivly.

rb innovations it works ok i think.........i'm havin a reall hard time gettin the throttle linkage to work the right way without the throttle bell rubbin the superchargers' belt.......it's pretty cool thou.....i have a picco .21 motor that i'm waitin back on warr

I think as soon as you hit 40 mph things are going to get insteresting. Don't catch a case of speed woobles. I hope you plan on doing some suspension work to keep that beast straight as possible. When you do post some vids ! I think eveyone would love to see !

id say you would have to get a .21 conversion kit then put in a RB modified engine or a nova rossi .28 really high gearing and look for a 3 speed ( i know they make them I've seen it i just dont remember where)

but then again for that money wouldnt it just be easier to buy a touring car :hammer: :idea:

i just bought a NTC3+ but i still want more speed out of my MAXX....i just put in a Picco P2maxx motor the .21 and a full dynamite pipe with a motorsaver airfilter....it's pretty fast but.......i want more......i would like to find a 3speed tranny if anyone see's one let me know prefer drop in parts

Be prepared to replace driveline parts. The max was designed for small blocks. Beef up the driveline associated parts. Even then, be prepared for headaches if not ugraded accordingly.

wow, 60mph is hella fast in a Maxx. My truck would probably come a lot closer than most but it's shut down for the winter so I couldn't tell ya. I havn't installed my VSM yet but I'll look this thread up in the spring when I get my Maxx topped out. Basically you'll end up spending a lot of money because one thing will lead to another and it won't stop until you got 2 grand in it. Not that there's anything wrong with putting a bunch of money in a Maxx but you definately have to be ready to start workin a lot of OT. Good luck!

I Wanna Go Reall Fast Please Help Me

Speed is accomplished with gearing and torque. That much torque, you'll be on your lid before even reaching 1/2 throttle. Don't get all tied up with speed. You want speed on off-road, get a buggy.

60 MPH is uncontrolably fast. you would need so much room. for me it is not worth it. i can't control my maxx wide open stock. i would gear mine down because i spend more time gunning it than screaming down a straight away. just what i think.

Sorry, don't mean to stereotype but, most guys new tothe hobby just want speed. Don't care about handeling or anything else. These are the guys I stay away from at the park as well as the track because they can't even begin to control their cars.

One thing for sure, where they are, I won't be.

I think the only way a stadium maxx could go 60mph is in the trunk of a car... Without having to drop some SERIOUS dough into it. If ya want speed that bad get a Traxxas 4tech. Them go 60 out of the box.

This thread seems to have gotten sidetracked right out of the gate. Everybody has there opinions on whether one should bother making a Maxx go 60MPH and that seems to be what has taken over this thread. But, quite frankly that's not what Lucidvtec asked. I just feel like this guy isn't getting the help he came here for.

Lucid- This summer I build a TMaxx from the ground up. It's 99.8% aftermarket and it's intent is to go very fast. it's also intended to be able to be driven as well. I can't tell you if it's capable of 60 because I don't know yet. I think it may come somewhat close though. I'll tell you that I've spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $2700 on it including electronics minus the radio (+$300). If you are serious about making a Maxx do 60 by all means shoot me a private message.

Last edited:
why do people assume................i just want a truck that did 60mph i think that would be funny as hell.......it's a hobby i'm just trying to have fun.........if the truck did do 60mph and i raced a onroad car and killed it.......can you imagine the look on that persons face.......i would cry if a tmaxx beat my NTC3+..............thx lessen i'll get to ya on some details,,,,,,,oh ya the new P2 picco .21 motor is back in and fully broke in i ran the 14th tank yesterday and man.......this thing pop's wheelie's like no tomarrow i can't gun it off the line at all it needs a wheelie bar so bad......install was cake i do suggest if you install the easystart to get longer screw's other than that the motor it great i'm runnin O'donnel 20% and the motor has never seen temps more than 270 useally run's about 240range........for the money it's great i recomend it