Hot dogs and beer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bownsy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I like hot dogs, I like beer, I do not like using alkaline batteries for my receiver. I have read of people using 5 cell nimh battery packs but the operating range of my servos are 4.8 to 6 volts, while the nominal voltage of the 5 cell nimh is 6, fully charged dont they reach 7+ volts? would that be hard on the servos? I was thinking of using a 4 cell nimh, but have not found anybody using those. Do they not stay above 4.8v long enough to be worth it? The ones I found say aircraft use, but I dont think that matters a while lot. Any thoughts?

The extra volt fully charged is completely within the tolerances of hobby servos. Running 6V servos on 5 cell nimhs is just about standard practice for nitro use. "6V" servos are fine on up to 7V, I've seen 7.5V as a hard limit before things blow out in the control board.

I've used a 4-cell nimh, it works fine too, just a tad slower and less stall torque. There's one here, out of stock at the moment but they get them back in occasionally. I've even used 4-cell NiZn, which had a fully charged resting voltage of about 7.2 volts and ran fine.

Back