Hot Bodies Lightning ST 10 Prob. HELP!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro Rascal

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi everyone I own a Hot Bodies Lightning ST 10 Rota Start it starts and runs fun but as i start it just before bursting into life it starts to clank loudly then while running it has a metalic rattling sound I haven't heard this on any other nitro cars but this is my first Rota Start is this a problem? How do i fix it? Should i worry? Hope you can help. Thanks. :bow:

Last edited:
um from what i no it might be the gears in the roto start box off the engine or the bell housing is hitting the fly wheel :bow:

+1 on what Nitroboi said. He hit the nail right on the head.

Why is the title on the forum index different than the one when you open the thread? Wierd...

OK Now What!

Ok if that is the problem how do i fix it. Thanks. :thumbup:

well the obvious thing to do is take the rotostart thing off have a look at the shaft that the one way being is on AND HAVE A GOOD LOOK AROUND THERE if not any of that take a peak at the bell housing and see if its grinding along the fly wheel or it could be your engine all together we also need a bit more info what it dose a little more detail if u could that would help as both out a
my advise strip the engine right down you never know it could be somthing simple like it always is with these engines :bow::bow:

Back