Hot Bodies Lightning Pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is, I like running an additional in-line filter though

you need like 10 inline filters if you run a picco to last a 6min race.. 8-0 i just picked up a filter due to needing added run time, even with the stock engine, or 8 port it was max 8 min run time, and lets say start it at 2.5 min till race, 5 min race.. i was barily finishing with fuel.. and with a picco in it.. HA try to last that long..

i run that huge kyosho in-line fuel filter. lid time is pretty good.

CRS, refuel just before the race. i try to get my 8-port warmed up so it can perform. that usually takes quite a bit of gas. afterward, i just top it off just before the race.

:hi: ask smokey how far up the drivers stand if from pit road.. its a good 15-30 sec walk which is enough to let engine die..

thats great. i love it.:whack: :bow: :wedgie:

sorry this is what is great

Originally posted by Smokey
2 words.......Pit bitch
this is what is great sorry iam new to the site:n00bie:

yep.. need one of them... ill have to get the bitch a t shirt made up so everyone knows who he is... :D

new update stuff.. first off i installed a tsais pipe to it, had to be modded though.. ask and i have pics of the mod.. but I'm sick of seekign out a "pit bitch" to refill my car after warm up.. so i added a 2oz hayes header tank, gives the ability to run on its lid for a short bit..

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

tomarrow in the day light ill go snap 2 new outdoors pics of it and change it in its ftp directory.. but man ohhh man is it sweet looking..

i also cleaned this piece for the 1st time in 6 months.. aka complete rebuild, and found 2 bad things... the purpal engine plate mount is cracked in 1/2 and the rear diff bearings were seized.. :? but all fixed now.. :lol:

i am the happy owner of a hb lightning pro but i broke a part. i know that is hard to belive but i need some links to where i can get sterring knuckles. i can't find them on tower hobbies and i dont know where else to look. thanks alot
kyle

Originally posted by hotbodydude
i am the happy owner of a hb lightning pro but i broke a part. i know that is hard to belive but i need some links to where i can get sterring knuckles. i can't find them on tower hobbies and i dont know where else to look. thanks alot
kyle

sorry i made a mistake. the part that i broke was a front hub carrier. if anyone has any links as to where i can get some that would help alot.
thanks
kyle :eek:pps: :doh:

i got phone #s for places that have some in stock.... but they both lack order by web...

thanks but i found them on tower hobbies for $4.59. can't beat that with a stick. they should be here by wed.
Thanks again

I was just at team orion's web and I noticed this interesting story which is the following:
"Team Orion is happy to announce that pro racer and 2003 ROAR Off-Road National Champion Travis Amezcua has signed with Team Orion for the 2004 and 2005 racing seasons. Amezcua will compete primarily in off-road nitro and electric events with some on-road events thrown in for flavor.
Travis, formerly a Team Orion nitro driver, will once again power his Team Losi XXX-NT nitro truck with WASP .12 small blocks and Black Demon fuel. The newly developed and soon to be released WASP .21 will power his highly competitive Hot Bodies 1/8 scale buggy".

i was wondering how hard it is to get replacement parts for the lightning pro? I've read that everyone hasnt broke there lightning pro but i think ill be able to break mine when i get it lol...tower has a few parts for it but jsut arms and a couple other things..although id imagine thats prob the only thing that would break is the arms..so is it hard to come by parts for the lightning?

i have 2 LHS that seem to stock all the parts between the 2 of them..

ic..well the 3 hobby shops in my area only stock hpi and traxxas parts...as long as i can order whatever part i need is all that matters. any website that you know of that has alot of hot bodys stuff?

I'm trying to get www.hobbyfever.com to stock the complete hb part set.. he has just been extreamly busy lately.. this is the actual store front for the sc stroe.. and he just got the online catalog up and running.. so now its just time before he stocks said parts..

Edited for content.

-SkyMaxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are sweet CRSMP maybe your should junk you cheap Lightning pro and get the $800 Pro2

Last edited:
Back