Hot Bodies Double Disc Brake

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Çh®i§tiªñ

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does anyone have any pics of their setup?

Reason I ask, I followed the instructions to the letter (well, more to the picture) but it just doesn't seem right.

In particular, how do you have the center pad setup, if at all and the face of the discs. Which way are they facing? There is a flat side and a swirl cut side.

swirl cut side is the way thay go(i think will mine do)and that what i get from the pics

Swirl cut sides face away from eachother? Or face towards eachother? In the pics, the swirl sides squish together and there is not center caliper. It just doesn't seem right.

towards eachother I'm sure thats right

2027HBRRP.jpg

blades face each other with gives it's venting effect.. if you put them facing outside it will slice up your pads....

Thanks TRD!

So then I assume you didnt put a caliper in the middle of the 2 of them for that very reason, right?

I am using stock brakes but i drilled some extra holes in the pad and its very hard to apply brakes without doing an endo. I have tried triple pad sets and all sorts to make it stop faster but the stock with more holes has more stopping power than all the other after market stuff i have tried.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Thanks TRD!

So then I assume you didnt put a caliper in the middle of the 2 of them for that very reason, right?
the pads go on the flat sides. make sure that you glue the pads down!! i learned the hard way.

Definately glue the pads down; I also learned that one the hard way.

I was getting some mixed feedback from a couple of locals, so I really appreciate the input.

It was suggested that I put a pad in the middle and put the flat sides on the inside, facing eachother.

So the bottom line is this:

No center caliper
Glue to pads to the outside calipers (of cours on the side that presses againt the discs)
Face the discs so the cut sides are against eachother and the flat sides are against the glued pads.

Thanks again!

No center caliper
Glue to pads to the outside calipers (of cours on the side that presses againt the discs)
Face the discs so the cut sides are against eachother and the flat sides are against the glued pads.

Thanks again!
i think youve got it!

No center caliper

Yup. Use contact cement or JB. Do not use CA. if you put the flat sides on the inside, you'll get mad braking, but the pads will wear out faster. Also, the disk kind of acts like a centrifugla fan, so put the disk on so that when the truck moves foreward the cuts at the center of the disk are leading the exit cuts at the rim.

Back