Horizon Hobby gives great Customer Support!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon2

Nitro ASSpired!!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just wanted to let you guys know on my first experience with HH support.

I recently boutght a used Spektrum set up for my M8 but I plugged them and even after binding them multiple times there was extreme glitching.

I contacted HH and was told to send it in. I was expecting a fee since it was a used set up and NO receipt.

I found out yesterday that they had repaired it and since shipped it out to me at -ZERO COST-!!!

Here is their email response to me

Jonathan,
Good news, your repairs have been completed. You can see the notes from the technician here:
Service Admin - 3/16/2007 10:04:24 AM (Central Standard Time)

I replaced the antenna and case on your module, along with modifing to fit a M11 tx. A performance check was done with everytihng meeting factory specs.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us at 1-877-504-0233.

THANK YOU

Rusty Shafer
Product Support Team Member
Horizon Hobby
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, IL 61821

Thanks HH!!!

That's awesome. It's always good to hear stories of great service. That puts HH high on my list.

They went even to upgrade the case so if I were to move to an M11 it would drop right in. In the M11 Spektrum case there is an extra pin or 2. That exceeded my expectations.

I also had outstanding customer service from Horizon in the past. I stripped out a set screw that was loctited in to a cvd cup attached to the tranny on my T-Maxx. I could not get it off and had to actually cut the shaft, fortunately it was a reverse shaft and since I was doing a foc anyway it didnt matter. I tried to buy just the cups, but at the time they were not available seperately from the complete center cvd kit. I contacted customer service to see if there was any way they would sell me just the cups, but I was told they were not available that way...BUT... they would gladly send me the parts I needed to fix my problem. Then in the mail, within three days was a comple center cvd kit, waaaaay above and beyond anything I could have expected, or hoped for. I would highly recommend Horizon to anyone!

I'll add another kudos. I have a Spektrum RX that was glitching badly. Called them up and explained the problem. Sent it in and a week later get a brand new RX, no charge!

JUST AWESOME!

Back when I had my Storm and shot out a diff, I gave them a call, and instead of sending me just the internal gears, they sent me the whole diff! They're definately worth dealing with, even if there is sales tax to pay.

I have had several great experiences with them as well.....kinda spoils you for the rest of the industry....which in some caes has terrible service.

Great Job Horizon!!

Ok update number two!

I sent in my M8 TX and RX to be serviced yet again since what they did last time produced the same results when I plugged it in. I sent it in through my work and forgot to include my return address. Great. I figured that out and called them immediately. They said that once it was received it will be put under my name.

two weeks later... I have called about 3 times looking for my gear and the status. They can't find it. Luckily I used UPS and I have proof of delivery.They said I would get a call.

3rd week.. I call again and they found it but need to put it with the right name in the system then it would be serviced. No problem. At my own fault I did this to myself.

5th week..nothing again. They can't find it. This time I am now pissed since they found it but n ow lost it. I am still pretty civil but now pretty frustrated. I have bought an MBX5T to try out till I get the 8-T and I can't even run the thing!!! Grrrr So I am now told I will get a call by close time last friday.

Guess what? No call.

Yesterday I call and now I want results. They can not find it at all. I told them I went Spektrum since it was the best as I have read and been told but the glitch is still present.

The rep tells me he is sorry and that he will send me out a new replacement system! SWEET!!! Too bad that they are OUT OF STOCK!! No date can tell me or the rep when they will get them in stock.

He later tells me I am going to send you a DX2.0 for free since they screwed up! Complete with servos and RX!! SWEET!!!! Woohoo!! This IS IN STOCK!!!

He says I should have this today or tomorrow.

Being a patient person without yelling, or cussing, I was given a replacement system. Not as nice as the features on my M8 but it will get me going.

Thank you Andy@ Horizon Hobby!!!

WOW

rusty shafer?!

no way...

man you got a good tech to fix that.
i race with this guy at the LHS

no joke, my bestfriend works with his wife also.

Rusty Shafer did the original work to it. He is nice. I was talking to Andrew this last go around.

Thumbs up!!!

But you will get your M8 back eventually right. Because the dx2 is good and everything but id take a M8 over it anyday lol. Haha you should have told him to send you the new dx3r or what ever it is, the evo looking one. Good luck man.

Bryson

As nice as that would have been, the cost between the two is less than the cost of the DX3R. He compared the cost and the DX2 was the most comparable one when you look at a new M8 TX and RX set and the DX2. He says I may even get the Module and RX back. I really just want to get back to the track.