Hobbyking EG-15 sport

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Risen

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all, does anybody here perhaps know anything else about this engine beside the small video on You Tube.? Namely factory needle setting, pros and cons. As the engines been sealed for use, broken in as well and seems to run well intially. I can get her to start up easy, idles easy, but after I've done a few WOT,s the idling will start to drop slowly untill eventually she dies.. When I start her up again ill adjust the idle gap to compensate, do a few WOT's but then starts all over again , idle starts to drop until it dies. I've got my LSN 2.5 turns out and HSN 3 turns out idle gap is 1mm. Glow plg is N4 and bright with 16% Am I doing something wrong ?

Hi all, does anybody here perhaps know anything else about this engine beside the small video on You Tube.? Namely factory needle setting, pros and cons. As the engines been sealed for use, broken in as well and seems to run well intially. I can get her to start up easy, idles easy, but after I've done a few WOT,s the idling will start to drop slowly untill eventually she dies.. When I start her up again ill adjust the idle gap to compensate, do a few WOT's but then starts all over again , idle starts to drop until it dies. I've got my LSN 2.5 turns out and HSN 3 turns out idle gap is 1mm. Glow plg is N4 and bright with 16% Am I doing something wrong ?

What does it sound like when the engine is dieing? Is it idling up, like your revving it then dieing? or is it Bogging down like it is too rich then dieing? How long do you have to wait before you can start it again after it dies?

BIG thanks andydrew....here goies started her up last night. Idling was way up initially and edging fwd so tweaked it down till she stop but still pretty high, but steady. Did a few 1/4 to 1/2 throttle passes and brought her in to idle.(IF I did a quick WOT and took my foot off, dead) but during the 1/4 to 1/2 passes when I took my foot off the gas revs wud drop then quickly pick up to high . When I brought her in to let her idle it was revving high, but dropped slowly over say 45 seconds until dead. She wuddent be able to start immediatley unless I primed her real good. I tweaked the LSN open just a bit but just make the whole process happen quicker. Also plenty of fuel spewwing all over the place my friggin yard has nitro stripes up and down !!!!! Hope I got everything thx .

BIG thanks andydrew....here goies started her up last night. Idling was way up initially and edging fwd so tweaked it down till she stop but still pretty high, but steady. Did a few 1/4 to 1/2 throttle passes and brought her in to idle.(IF I did a quick WOT and took my foot off, dead) but during the 1/4 to 1/2 passes when I took my foot off the gas revs wud drop then quickly pick up to high . When I brought her in to let her idle it was revving high, but dropped slowly over say 45 seconds until dead. She wuddent be able to start immediatley unless I primed her real good. I tweaked the LSN open just a bit but just make the whole process happen quicker. Also plenty of fuel spewwing all over the place my friggin yard has nitro stripes up and down !!!!! Hope I got everything thx .

I'm not really good at tuning, so you might want to listen to another person for advice. To me it sounds like your HSN is too lean, If you are doing WOT passes and then let off the trigger and it dies that is usually why. But see it also sounds to me like your lsn is too lean, because you say you let off the gas, the revs dropped then went higher. Also, by saying that it wouldn't start right up after you shut it off, sounds like it is running too hot. I believe that if the engine is running too hot it will actually heat up the fuel and the nitro will evaporate. That was happening to me when my lsn was too lean.

Again, I am not that good at tuning. I may be right I may be wrong. Maybe robin will poke his head in here? But I can tell you this. You can never hurt going more rich. Give this a read it might help with your tuning.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102688

Last edited:
Sounds like your running lean on both needles if your carb gap is set at about 1mm about the end of a paper clip and its still running like that. When your letting off wot and the car drops to idle but goes right back up thats a lean lsn richen it up till your idle is good. You will have to move a little after hsn is tuned but you want it to drop to a good idle to tune hsn. Once you have the idle good go do i wot pass. If it cuts out u need to richen the hsn. If you go wot and let off and it lops down its just on the lean side of a good tune. Then tune your lsn for takeoff. After sitting for about 8 to 10 seconds you should be able to punch it with no bog if it bogs lean about 1/8th of a turn repeat till it takes off as it should

Thx both Andy/Robin ..I took ur advice re lean LSN and HSN .and the link ..made some progress last night got it to the point where she kept her idle after a WOT but still a slight hesitation on launch ... Idling has become a erratic, but discovered a crack in exhaust manifold, I thinking that cud course some compression issues. Swopped it out with a gud one also removed the circular diaphram inside the pipe, just before the stinger.. I reckon more exhaust presure will force more fuel into the pressure line.. Ok I'm taking her out again in a few mins , both needles kinda, high minus crack in manifold and minus diaphram restriction...will post results cheers

With the crack in your manifold you would never get a good tune and be able to old it you would constantly be trying to correct for it. the crack was the cause of the erratic idle

Yup yup looks like it was a case of both needles too lean and the cracked mani. Once I sorted the cracke tuning was surprisingly easy ...and for a .15 she's lightning quick. Even gave my brothers hong nor with a .21 a run for his money. Thanks again to everyone who assisted ..

Back