Hobbico no more

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bwilli

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I was just told that Hobbico is no longer the US distributor for HPI. As of this past Friday (I assume 11/17/2017) HRP out of Utah is now the exclusive HPI distributor for the US. According to HRP, the change it still underway but all warranty repairs will be performed directly by HPI and I was given a phone number. The number of course, was for Hobbico and the rep of course, had no knowledge about any of this. Seems there is no longer an HPI US support network.

I've been trying to get my Octane in for warranty work for the last couple weeks. My inquiries to HPI US were kicked back undeliverable. Hobbico declining the repairs due to discontinued parts. HPI UK telling me the parts had not been discontinued and were available from US distributors. HRP telling me the truck would have to go to HPI.
I'm at a loss here. Sure isn't the kind of service I've grown accustomed with HPI. My truck is supposed to have another year of warranty coverage left. Suggestions anyone?

Regardless of distribution channels, if it's warranty coverage, I'd say it has to be HPI.

This is what is currently on the HPI website:
To ask a question in the US, please contact support by email [email protected] or call our service center on (217) 398-0007.

Back