hobao monster engine replacment

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basher89

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm new here to the forums and still rather new to nitro I have a hobao monster pirate I picked up about 8 months ago put some money in upgrades Into it. I currently have an SH M21 P-3 installed but i have been looking at .28 size engines. Any suggestions?

That's a big hefty truck. I'd drop a LRP .28 or .30 in it.

I've heard good things about the LRP .28 was one of my choices but I was also looking at the SH engines I found this engine for 94 dollers on ebay its an sh.m 28 P-3 $_3-1.jpeg do u know anything about it?

I had a couple of SH engines years ago, they were decent. :thumbs-up:

Thats good to know nitrotrout I'm just lookin for a cheap decent motor with a good amount of power u know somthing just to bash around with. The current SH .21 that I have has performed pretty well so far . Very easy to tune. But I just need that extra power if u know what I mean lol

One of the SH engines is a clone of the LRP .28 spec 3 engine. I just dont recall which model it was. Robin was telling me about it a few years back.

One of the SH engines is a clone of the LRP .28 spec 3 engine. I just dont recall which model it was. Robin was telling me about it a few years back.
I think i just found the engine your talking about

Attachments

• $_1-2.jpeg
    $_1-2.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 207
  • $_1-1.jpeg
    $_1-1.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 190
  • $_1.jpeg
    $_1.jpeg
    19.1 KB · Views: 149
hard to say. put one in it and see if stuff breaks. If it does then put beefier ones in :)

Greywolf74 post: 1076624 said:
hard to say. put one in it and see if stuff breaks. If it does then put beefier ones in :)
Good call I guess its the only way to find out thanks for the input greywolf

Back