hitec to traxxas servo horn

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badkitty

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So i finally got myself a hitec 645mg for my jato. works great but i have one problem , the servo horn adapter i bought from traxxas to fit the hitec , fit on very loose and for some reason the screw wont stay tight. No matter how hard i screw it in, its backs out in 5mins of use. I know i could use some locktite , but that still doesn't fix the fitting loose thing. The stock horn for traxxas servo fits SNUG!! u even have to push on it to fit. This thing just slides on and wobbles until i tighten screw. Kind of doesn't make sense to me to put out something that doesn't fit right.

hmmm oh well...

Hmmm. I use Hitec servos on my Revo. Double check the horn. As far as the screw, yea, use blue Loctite.

Badkitty said:
So i finally got myself a hitec 645mg for my jato. works great but i have one problem , the servo horn adapter i bought from traxxas to fit the hitec , fit on very loose and for some reason the screw wont stay tight. No matter how hard i screw it in, its backs out in 5mins of use. I know i could use some locktite , but that still doesn't fix the fitting loose thing. The stock horn for traxxas servo fits SNUG!! u even have to push on it to fit. This thing just slides on and wobbles until i tighten screw. Kind of doesn't make sense to me to put out something that doesn't fit right.

hmmm oh well...

Traxxas has their own size servo button ,You will have to get a new servo saver. My son has a Rustler and we went through that on his when we switched to Hitec servo.

Hope this helps

GruberRacing97 said:
Traxxas has their own size servo button ,You will have to get a new servo saver. My son has a Rustler and we went through that on his when we switched to Hitec servo.

Hope this helps

Traxxas sells a hitec servo horn replacement for the revo.

Just use the horns that came with the servo. It takes a few washers and little shimming to get the angle right, but it works just fine. It's what I'm using... and have been for the past gallon or so.

could u take a pic of what yours looks like ?

also does the 645mg need an end point adjustment remote? cause i noticed too much travel. So much so, that the horn hits the outer edge of top plate and hit the servo saver when turning left. I got way more steering travel now than before.

I'll have to take a few pics after dinner.

I do have a programmable radio. So I don't know how well it works with the stock radio. I used the stock radio for a total of 6 minutes... I bought a 3rd reciever for my MX-3 the next day.

Dinners done:
2006-0315-RevoSteeringServo01.jpg

2006-0315-RevoSteeringServo02.jpg

2006-0315-RevoSteeringServo03.jpg

2006-0315-RevoSteeringServo04.jpg

Last edited:
Back