Hissed Off - Nitro SE Drag Car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At our first TnT this car was probably the most consistent, fast car of the day. Made some really fast passes right out of the gate. Tree was down (thanks to a faulty power strip) so no official times. But, looking at the various videos, it was running 2.4-2.6 most runs. It was running better early, but as the day wore on, and the engine got a little looser (it's still prone to sticking at TDC, so not fully there yet), it made more power and started knocking the tires off a little.

My teammate had his brushless 3s car with him, so we raced a few times. They were all very close.

The actual 132ft mark is about two parking spaces before the cone, so I think I might have actually won this one even though he came around me at the very end. Hard to tell, his car is out of frame when I hit that spot. Either way, pretty impressive I think for a little .12 small block!

Here's a hit later in the day, and you can see it losing traction when I hit the nitrous. Looks like 2.5 or 2.6 on this one.

Much like Invader 2, I had the wheelie bar too low, I think it would have stayed hooked with it up one notch and gotten some squat and weight transfer on the rear wheels.

Here's another hit, against a .21 big block car. Crazy how the car re-wheelies when I hit the nitrous, but it's clear the wheelie car is too low, cars needs to squat more instead of bang so hard like that. Gotta soften the suspension slightly too. Looks like 2.5 seconds going by video. Not bad, not great. I do think this car is capable of 2.2 in warmer weather.

Last edited:
Back