himoto starter box

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allhailshakazulu

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a starter box for my 1/8 scale monster truck. i bought batteries for it also. i was all ready to use it for the first time... i put the truck on it and made sure the wheel was spinning the correct way. When I went to start it.. it wouldn't turn over the engine... does anyone kno what could be wrong? Do i need stronger batteries??

Probably the motor isn't strong enough. Loosen your glow plug a little but to let out compression. Never go more than a quarter turn.

ok... i will try.. if it doesn't work do u mind continuing to guide me??? thanks

i tried the glow plug loosening and the box, once again, failed to turn over the engine... any other suggestions??

Is your battery charged to the fullest? Is the motor of the starter box strong enough to turn the flywheel?

The batteries were charged and I'm not sure if the motors are strong enough... is there any way to check that??

Not really, you can probably by a better one at your LHS.

If there is no motor that can fit in the box, then yes, a new starter box. I know that starter box came from Ebay, I don't really trust the non-manufacturer items. I would recommend a Dynamite, OFNA, or Associated starter box.

Make sure there is no other motor that will fit before buying a new starter box.