HG 407 and Tamiya rerelease bruiser RC4WD axle install

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnskevin58

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
I noticed a lot of yt comments saying the RC4WD Yota II axles won't fit the bruiser or the HG Clone.
yes, they do.
The front all you have to do is flip the diff to keep the pumpkin on the correct side.
For the rear:
When you drop the rear on the springs with the Yota II axles, you will see that the shock perch of the axel will fit 100% in-between and against the spring, and center the axle, and the alloy plate will lock onto the lug to keep the axle from rotating. I did flip the diffs to keep the front diff on the correct side (R vs L) so I had to flip the rear diff as well to keep them both in the correct direction. make sense? 
I did have to relocate the shocks to the rear on the front because I use the steering link on the front side of my axle but for the rear you will have to move the shocks to the inside of the chassis, due to limited wheel to shock space.
DSCN6372.JPG

DSCN6373.JPG

the rc4wd yota axles without the xvds have very fragile driveshaft. heres the xvd https://store.rc4wd.com/XVD-Axle-for-Ultimate-Scale-Yota-II-G2-TF2TF3-Axle_p_3323.html
Though I've only used the yota 1 not the yota 2
I have never snapped a Yota or Yota II. I know people say it happens and I'm sure it does but knock-on wood I haven't had an issue, I do use tiny O-Rings to help with slop. Speaking of the axle, what I break a lot, is the outer bearing retainer of the axle case. I usually crack them. Then have to use JB Weld till I get a new case half lol.
Thanks for the link! 50 bucks isn't to bad.
RSCN6408.JPG

I noticed a lot of yt comments saying the RC4WD Yota II axles won't fit the bruiser or the HG Clone.
yes, they do.
The front all you have to do is flip the diff to keep the pumpkin on the correct side.
For the rear:
When you drop the rear on the springs with the Yota II axles, you will see that the shock perch of the axel will fit 100% in-between and against the spring, and center the axle, and the alloy plate will lock onto the lug to keep the axle from rotating. I did flip the diffs to keep the front diff on the correct side (R vs L) so I had to flip the rear diff as well to keep them both in the correct direction. make sense? 
I did have to relocate the shocks to the rear on the front because I use the steering link on the front side of my axle but for the rear you will have to move the shocks to the inside of the chassis, due to limited wheel to shock space.
View attachment 154349
View attachment 154350
yes, they do.
For the rear:
View attachment 154349
View attachment 154350
This is awesome, I have an HG-P407, 2 TF2 axles, and the servo mount. Is this worth doing? are you still happy with it? Thanks

This is awesome, I have an HG-P407, 2 TF2 axles, and the servo mount. Is this worth doing? are you still happy with it? Thanks
yes 100%, also if you swap the tranny gears it will run in low without having to shift, then when you shift it will shift into high.

That's awesome, can you explain the tranny a little more?

Back