Hey Indiana off-road guys

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmechG550

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just ran at Indy Slots southside on saturday and had a blast. Decent turn out but more is always better. They have a good track and with some run-time I'm sure it will improve. Running every saturday at 1:00, come on and check it out. PM me if you have any ??'s

Sounds interesting I might have to make a trip down there & check it out.

I havent been to Indy Slots in a long time, would be cool to see if they still have "Barney" (an old slot car track *my all-time favorite* that has been passed around & even restored several times over the years).

The expensive, machine routed, continous rail tracks have no soul in my opinion.

Maybe someone at Indy Slots will also know where the track (black diamond) that me & Tony built is at now - it was a tribute to Barney & crafted entirely out of vintage T-Jet track.

Both of those tracks had a great rythm to them.

Anyway back to RC's - what class's does Indy Slots run on saturdays?

I use to run slots on the east side of Indianapolis years ago, but the place closed down and thus ended that hobby. I'm from Indianapolis. I live in florida now but still visit often. Are there any good tracks around Indy? Offroad. I mean good enough that its worth bringing all my stuff on the plane that is.

GO COLTS!!!! This is the year of the BLUE.

Jato,

Did you race slots over at the Post Road Rec Center? if ya did you probably ran on Barney, it was one of the tracks there for several years back in the 1990's.

As far as offroad in Indianapolis, Planet RC raceway is pretty decent, here is a link: http://www.planetrcraceway.com/trackinfo.asp

Planet is decent, tight for MT's though. I really think Indy Slots will come into it's own with some more racing and when some more people come out. There was a good crowd there last week and the racing was good. Saturday days they are running off-roads outside and in the evening they are running on-road inside carpet track. I don't have a schedule with me and I won't be home for another 10 days though. Call em up they should hook you up over the phone.

Back