Hey guys! Got a problem I can't?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weezracen

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok well I got my rig out for the first time this year. She fired right up no problems! I drove it about 4-5 times in the last 3 days. Well lastnight it stoped going it would just rev. Ok slipper clutch is lose? I brought it home and tightend it up. Took it out to run and it was real sluggish. Now the slipper is lose again and I can't keep it running? Before I had this problem I could start it and it would run about 300 degrees without shutting down untill it was out of gas? Anyway feels great to be back running again hope to spend sometime here again also! Thanks for your time!

300 degrees is waaaay to hott. did you break in the engine first??

hate to give you some bad news but from the sounds of it, you overheated the engine and arnt getting good compression anymore

Yeah this mill is broke in and it likes to run around 275- 300 and it's not over heating there is a ton of pinch. Thanks but that's not it. Alot of 3.3 like the 300 mark. I like to run around 285-290 with a slight bit if smoke.

Sounds like you need a new slipper nut. Throw a decent amount of locktight on the new one (or the old one) to try and keep it from coming loose again.

What do you mean by sluggish? Engine would rev but truck didn't move quick? Or the engine is bogging?

Well yesterday it would run like normal and just not move cause of the slipper. Now today I took the mill off just really to clean and get a better veiw if the slipper. Now it seems to be boggish I did put a 40t spur gear in to replace the 38 cause it had a little wear on it I don't think that's why tho? I also retuned it to factory specs glow pulg is strong.

Yeah I noticed that when I seen all the fuel on the ground so I leaned it up but since it was slipping so bad I just headed in the house to think. Going to try this again right now. I might just have a new nut. I really should not of messed with the tune cause it was running so good the last 2 days it really mad me proud! Hey thanks olds I'll let you guys know what happens in about a hour. O nice seeing you on here again you always were alot of help!!!!!!

I think the locktight worked really good! U didn't get to run yet tho cause I can't get it started be glow plug lighter needs to charge so it's looking like I'll find out tomorrow

Yep the locktight worked! It worked to good. I got the nut on to tight now I can't get it loosened up. I'll get it! The truck fires right up and the bogging/ sluggish crap is no more. Just needed some work on the tune and the slipper fixed. Only thing is like I said it's a tad to tight and it wants to do a wheelie soon as you touch the gas wich is not what I want. Is there something I could use to brake down that locktight?

You should be able to stick a wrench through the hole on the shaft on the other side of the trans, then loosen the nut. Otherwise... the only thing that breaks down locktite is heat. So, a soldering iron held on the nut for a few minutes may transfer enough heat to get the locktite to let go.

I circled the stub shaft with the hole that you can stick a wrench in. Use a cheap wrench that your ok with bending. If you use a good TiNi coated wrench, it could snap, trust me! lol

2010-0713-RevoSpurShaftHole.jpg

Also... note the sticker on the bottom right... ;)

I already started to bend a allen key so I stopped. I don't think it's over tight to the point of wreaking it. You are saposta get it snug and then back it off a tad right? Well I got it snug and there was no backing it off lol!

If it's the newer slipper setup, your only supposed to tighten it until it works correctly. It holds pressure from crush washers. Too much ass and they flatten out. If this happens, your only choice is to lock it down. And break drivetrain parts.:) About the tune, why did you mess with it? There is never a reason to adjust the needles unless your tune is off. Usually a 1/4 turn or so, from day to day, to adjust for changes in temp and humidity. But that's it.