Hey guys. Anyone got a motor shaft?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peeeenuuutt

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
So I blew my e revo vxl’s stock motor a few months ago because what happened is the magnet actually shattered on the shaft for no reason. Looks like it was hit with a hammer lol. Anyway, that’s the only issue with the motor. The can is fine and works with a new shaft out of my hobbystar motor, but I have 2 cans and 1 working motor. If anyone had an overheated motor with only CAN damage and a good shaft I’ll take it off your hands! Or if you have a rotor sitting around, I’ll take it off your hands. Motor is a castle 1515 sized 2200kv. I’ll take a leopard shaft, hobbystar, hobbywing, anything. Thanks.

Yeah what a shame. Maybe I’ll buy a china special and rip the shaft out of that.

Bump. Here’s a pic.
image.jpg
Can:
image.jpg
Can is fine.

Still looking for a rotor

Edit 2: screw it. DIY motor rotor repair with superglue and homewire LOL
image.jpg

Last edited:
Second bump....
what the hell? My fix actually worked LOL! I put it back together this morning and it instantly gave me confidence just turning it in my hand. Before, when you’d turn it, it was like a brushed motor... just turned with no resistance. When I put it back together it now had the signature steps of a brushless motor! I was pretty pumped. Now the next thing I do i recommend you never do.
I plugged it into my mxl 6s as that’s the only esc I have trust in to not blow up from a bad motor. I turned on my radio plugged it in, hit the throttle anddd..... well, the thing revved to life!! Thing was full on vroomin. No unusually extreme clogging either (but then again it wasn’t in the rig). In my hand turning it I could clearly feel it was definitely down on torque compared to what it used to be, so I wouldn’t use it in a demanding application. But something that’s only a 2 cell car that you want to go brushless, this motor wouldn’t be a bad option. I’m very impressed now. Who knew wrapping some wire to restore magnetism would actually do something lol. So here’s how it sits.
image.jpg
It’s with my MMM right now because it’s raining out and MMM can’t be in my revo while it’s wet. My goal was to use this mamba monster as a resurrected esc to power this now resurrected motor on a low stress application, but upon further investigation the esc main computer is fried, even though the BEC still works.
I mean if you’re interested I’ll sell you the motor lol. If the price is right I won’t hesitate. But alas, this concludes the life of this motor.