Hey body folks...quick question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctyler

RCTalk Basher
Military Veteran
Reaction score
So I fitted a Jc concepts fox body to my ecx amp Mt. Its a street eliminator project. Anyways my question is what can I use to make fender flars that will allow me too shape it. The amp is wider than a slash with original arms. With drag tires, the wheels will fit under fenders. With the grps on, they stick out fender. I want the fenders to cover both sets of tires for different looks. Originally as going to use plasticweld and got told it won't bond with the polycarbonate. So running out of ideas.

Attachments

• 0429201756c_HDR.jpg
    0429201756c_HDR.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 202
  • 0429201757_HDR.jpg
    0429201757_HDR.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 0429201756b_HDR.jpg
    0429201756b_HDR.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 139
I never fail with RTV black. Have to paint everything 1st.
Thanks. Thought about rtv it too. The black definitely better than the regular. But if you see the pics..its good size gap. Guess could setup it up, shape them, and try. My dad told me tooth picks, clay, and resin lol. So have both yalls ideas so far.

While I am not familiar with the ecx, I know in order to use that Mustang body on the slash, you have to replace the arms with bandit arms which are narrower than slash arms. So it may be possible to find arms from a different ecx model that would narrow the width. You would also need to have shorter turnbuckles.

While I am not familiar with the ecx, I know in order to use that Mustang body on the slash, you have to replace the arms with bandit arms which are narrower than slash arms. So it may be possible to find arms from a different ecx model that would narrow the width. You would also need to have shorter turnbuckles.

Yes. You can. The ecx amp boost(buggy) would be the narrower arms if you stay same brand. But you can fit some Traxxas and Kyosho parts if you don't mind a little custom fitting. I actually have this build over in the ecx forum. My idea is to make this without changing those arms. My drive train is solid and have made a few 100 mph+ passes reliably. So don't want to change anything there. This what happens when you take a budget rig and make it do things it wasn't supposed to ?. I am asking too much out this budget rig...but its the why not factor.

100+ mph in 132'? How did you get your numbers?
Oh no. Not at all in 132', I wish. 103,105,105,and 106 mph last time out. 3s and 4s respectively Trying to get over 100 mph on 2s. 88.3xx been best so far on 2s. Also this still not 132'. Close to 400 feet ish give or take lol. GPS attached verified (Verizon note 2 prepaid with gps).

Now drags this rig definitely not. Its still basically speed run setup. But I will get my reaction down and get it trapping decent soon. But I also have two pro stocks that are 132' dedicated. Those behave nothing like this rig.

Last edited:
Oh no. Not at all in 132', I wish. 103,105,105,and 106 mph last time out. 3s and 4s respectively Trying to get over 100 mph on 2s. 88.3xx been best so far on 2s. Also this still not 132'. Close to 400 feet ish give or take lol. GPS attached verified (Verizon note 2 prepaid with gps).

Now drags this rig definitely not. Its still basically speed run setup. But I will get my reaction down and get it trapping decent soon. But I also have two pro stocks that are 132' dedicated. Those behave nothing like this rig.

Ah, ok, in your first post you said street eliminator, so I took that to mean scale drags.

Ah, ok, in your first post you said street eliminator, so I took that to mean scale drags.
Yeah it will be one eventually. Just not there yet lol. Its close. Its hard to believe it started life as an amp Mt basic kit. ? I will be doing scale with it this year. But won't be competitive. Just for fun. And after that shelf queen. Too many projects and not enough money lol.

I know someone who is doing exactly what you are doing. Same body. Same rig. Needs the bandit arms and such. If only they would post.......this, and the work I did for them.

Also Mr highpower on you tube unveiled his the other day in vid. Been following him for a few years and we have a few same rigs set up differently. That's sweet Heisenburg...if you or him ever do share...please tag me. Would love to see it and learn and share
Here's mrhighpowers

He wants me to do the building because I did such a great job creating Heisenburg Performance Enhanced Rustlers, and started an amateur stock car league with them. We are having a blast, taking curves with Gran Turismo precision on these Stadium rigs. But he now also feels that there will be no competition around here to race his Mustang "Slagster". (Slash + Dragster) I think a quarter mile funny car league should be nitro fueled to add more sport to the race. This coming from me, a guy who is allergic to nitro fuel and had to give it up for all electrics. His name is oo7chris, here at RC Talk. If he doesn't post his HPE Rustler, I might just do it, if good manners dictate. My work, his car, might be a gray area, but I am also building a 2nd HPE Rustler for him. I am doing another HPE Rustler for someone who wants to participate.
We're in Eastern Massachusetts if you're at all local. Campaigning the rear wheel drive stadium trucks, trying to keep them popular.

He wants me to do the building because I did such a great job creating Heisenburg Performance Enhanced Rustlers, and started an amateur stock car league with them. We are having a blast, taking curves with Gran Turismo precision on these Stadium rigs. But he now also feels that there will be no competition around here to race his Mustang "Slagster". (Slash + Dragster) I think a quarter mile funny car league should be nitro fueled to add more sport to the race. This coming from me, a guy who is allergic to nitro fuel and had to give it up for all electrics. His name is oo7chris, here at RC Talk. If he doesn't post his HPE Rustler, I might just do it, if good manners dictate. My work, his car, might be a gray area, but I am also building a 2nd HPE Rustler for him. I am doing another HPE Rustler for someone who wants to participate.
We're in Eastern Massachusetts if you're at all local. Campaigning the rear wheel drive stadium trucks, trying to keep them popular.
Definitely wish I was closer lol. North western Ohio here. Between Toledo Ohio and ft Wayne Indiana. You got to make one for yourself too. But keep me in loop. I might be interested later in it. Out here we don't do correct rules. Just get together and run...well up until covid stuff. So we trying to have a meet up in August. We do electric vs nitro, and 2s and below. Wheels out or more than 2s is outlaw automatically. Must run a body. 2wd vs and 4wd will be outlaw automatically. We have about 28 of us that did show regularly before all this hit.

I try to be diplomatic as race commissioner, only enacting rules for fair and conservative play. Must have body, no metal front bumpers, must have 2 headlites and 2 tail lights if racing at nite, 12mm wheel spindles, 5 inch or lower tyres. I try not to be an ogre. I haven't yet placed any restriction on engine or battery power. Wheelie bars are allowed, but no one is using one, I have their cars accelerating well and keeping the front tyres on the ground with better weight distribution with my tinkering. Any out of the box Rustler would qualify (except for night racing). I always share my recommendations, as I want the race to go to the best driver and tuner, not the one who spends the most.

I try to be diplomatic as race commissioner, only enacting rules for fair and conservative play. Must have body, no metal front bumpers, must have 2 headlites and 2 tail lights if racing at nite, 12mm wheel spindles, 5 inch or lower tyres. I try not to be an ogre. I haven't yet placed any restriction on engine or battery power. Wheelie bars are allowed, but no one is using one, I have their cars accelerating well and keeping the front tyres on the ground with better weight distribution with my tinkering. Any out of the box Rustler would qualify (except for night racing). I always share my recommendations, as I want the race to go to the best driver and tuner, not the one who spends the most.

That's legit!! Definitely wish we was closer. My little rag tag group could follow that easily.

Almost done

Attachments

• 0823201730_HDR.jpg
    0823201730_HDR.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 0823201730a_HDR.jpg
    0823201730a_HDR.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 0823201755.jpg
    0823201755.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 0823201750b.jpg
    0823201750b.jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 0823201800_HDR.jpg
    0823201800_HDR.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 0823201916.jpg
    0823201916.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 94
  • 0823201921_HDR.jpg
    0823201921_HDR.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 0823201924b.jpg
    0823201924b.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 0824201737.jpg
    0824201737.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 0824201737c.jpg
    0824201737c.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 114
I finished my "Slagster" that will get a Mustang notchback body. The kid was so grateful, trying to blame me for a wife situation. Forgot to photograph that one, but I do have pix of the HPE 0004 Rustler I built.
He owes me $12.96 for parts. For $12.96, I am rid of him, is how I see it.

Very Nice! the next time you want flares, use a heat gun to shape the fenders before you trim them. it's hard to explain, but you can use some with the same design, as the want the flares shaped as, and use it to shape your flares. Works pretty fricken good! Then you trim off the excess.

Very Nice! the next time you want flares, use a heat gun to shape the fenders before you trim them. it's hard to explain, but you can use some with the same design, as the want the flares shaped as, and use it to shape your flares. Works pretty fricken good! Then you trim off the excess.
OMG. That so makes sense. Wish you would have said it before lol. But thanks really appreciate it. Yeah heat and flar/roll them/shape them out. Totally get it now.

Back